nine

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

Damian's POV

I was about to take cover as Marinette had suggested, until something didn't make sense. Her parents should've been at the bakery, and yet she ran in the opposite direction.

I couldn't shake the feeling.

It was too late to follow her, and I cursed my indecision.

I saw a glimpse of red, swinging through the city.

Ladybug.

Through the crowds of screaming and yelling, I followed Ladybug and her sidekick, Chat Noir. The, I don't even think you call it a villain, but the akumatized child towered over the city, shaking it with every step.

The city was practically in ruins, but I knew it would be fixed by Ladybug. If she didn't, Paris would look more like Metropolis after a fight with Superman.

I quickly dipped into an abandoned alley, and changed into my Robin suit, with the colors a bit more muted. 

It wouldn't be out of character for me to be seen here, Cassandra and the team were in the neighboring country stopping shipments from getting to Queen Bee of Bialya. But I would be here until the mission was accomplished, so the longer I stayed here undetected, the better.

I tailed Ladybug and Chat Noir, and they never noticed my existence.

Perfect.

I watched as the heroes, fought "Gigantitan," analyzing their fighting styles in person. They seemed to know dozens of different forms of fighting types.

Princess Honey charged headfirst into the situation, with little to no regard for her own actions. The hero looked for the quickest solution, even though it may not be the final solution. She relied too much on Ladybug's magical restoration, which made sense, because she was the newest member of their team.

Chat Noir was brash with his actions, but he wasn't sloppy. He relied on his strength, using his baton to keep the enlarged child at arms length.

Ladybug was graceful. I had never seen someone fight like this, she was always in motion and flowing. It was obvious she was the most experienced of the three, and she used multiple forms of fighting. Taekwondo, Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Karate, and Kung-Fu moves, but she had the flair of a gymnast.

Grayson would love her.

But then she incorporated her yo-yo into her fighting. Her eyes thinned, as she studied Gigantitan. Her mind was moving a million miles a minute, fighting and trying to figure out how to take him down with the least amount of damage.

She yelled, and a bright flash left my eyes sore. A children's blanket fell from the sky and into her arms.

She easily took down the villain, choosing to calm him down instead of using force.

And when the perfect opportunity fell into her lap, she was easily ready to take down the akumatized child, throwing the pacifier to Chat Noir, who destroyed it.

She captured the akuma, and purified it into its original form.

There would be some parts of magic I would never understand.

Mother instructed me in many manner of learning, from fighting to logic to driving, and even magic.

Mother knew it was important for me to absorb any and all knowledge I could. She taught about all forms of magic like sorcery, the Miraculous necromancy, the dark arts. I was never limited. But I couldn't figure out where Ladybug and her team had received their powers from. It was eerily familiar, like something from the back of my mind... I shook my head, trying to stop my sluggishness.