fifty-one

Damian's POV

"You've gotta go tell Alfred and B that there's going to be a guest for dinner." Grayson reminds me, for his entertainment or for my sake, I'll never know.

I groan. She's already meeting my family and I haven't even officially asked her out on a real date. And to make matters worse, it's tonight.

I grunt, "I know."

Grayson smiles at me, liking the new form of torture he has found for me. I storm away, trying to find the man who keeps the Manor together.

And, as usual, he appears where he is most needed. The kitchen.

Pennyworth asks, "Master Damian, is there something I can be in assistance of? Or is brooding a new requirement for Robin rather than Batman?"

I ignore his comment, and tell him, "I am here to inform you that I have invited a guest over for dinner tonight."

"Any dietary restrictions? Or preferences for this mystery guest?" Pennyworth asks, becoming the perfect host.

"None. She's French, if that helps." I offer to Pennyworth, knowing that out of all members of our family, that he would know how to keep matters private.

I probably knew the least about him, but his background as a former spy only made it harder.

"Thank you, I hope it is a fine young lady that joins us for dinner. I must tell Master Bruce," he says, silently walking away.

"It's not a big deal," I grit out to Pennyworth.

"What's not a big deal?" Todd asks, strutting into the kitchen. He opens the fridge, and rummages through it until he finds something edible.

"Master Damian will announce it when everyone is here," Pennyworth says, eyeing Todd. He is only one who has not got banned from cooking in the kitchen, though, the butler has his doubts.

Drake rushes into the kitchen, "I just got the alert. What's happening?"

"You sent out an alert?" I accuse Pennyworth.

"I didn't, Master Damian. Your eldest brother thought that it was the most effective form of communication to get the family here." He says with a small smile.

Grayson walks in, and Father follows behind him.

"What's the big announcement?" Father asks, and Grayson, as lovable as he may seen, had the dirtiest grin on his face.

I sigh in frustration, why did this have to be so hard? "I've invited someone over for dinner tonight, it—"

Drake snorts, "Jon? Why is that such a big deal? He comes over all the time. Not what the alert is used for."

"It's not Jon." Grayson says, and everyone's distracted heads pick up to look straight at me.

"Does Demon Spawn actually have it in him to talk to a girl?" Todd makes fun of me, taking a bit out of the green apple in his hand.

For a moment, I wish he would choke on it, just so I didn't have to endure the stupidity that came from his mouth—

"Who is it, Damian?" Father asks me, effectively distracting me from Todd's last comment.

I inform them, "You'll find out when they arrive. If I tell you know, you'll just do a background check on her—"

Todd grins, "Her?"

"This is exactly what I meant. I don't want any interrogation, just pretend like you can be normal for once." It was a lot to ask, but I still had to try, "Just be respectful, and don't scare her off." I instruct my family.