Chapter 6 - Whine Dining

Fine dining!? Piss off! Sike.

Scratch the Gordon Ramsey on Kitchen Nightmares jokes. This will be one of those epic fighting like dinners. Well, possibly. Not saying this will be like Miku's boyfriend (won't spoil it but in my Miku story you will love it) but anything an happen over good food, No matter what location.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

As the boy was inside and in enemy territory (apparently), he looked around and say everyone's facial expressions. Ichika the oldest felt like a mother hosting this invite. Nino had her guard up as if she was a father that hated every boyfriend candidate her daughter had contact with, as Itsuki was trying not to hold a blush for the longest time. But try as she might, that was a fat chance. 

Traditionally, noodles were a comfort food. And dinners such as this occasion is what people were supposed to bond over. Get to know one another. Be respectful and inviting. 

On his right there is the girl he likes, ahead of him to playful and eldest sister, and diagonally right the one who hates his guts until proven otherwise. All that's missing is someone killing the turkey. If American culture applied at least. Yotsuba and Miku didn't mind the guest around, but this whole ordeal with the bickering upon opening the door was not off to a great start.

With dishes handed out and a blessing, Ichika thought she would start things off. "So (FN), you and Itsuki are in homeroom?"

"Yes. That's how we met. And for some reason everyone in our class is awkward around her. Literally, she has done nothing wrong. I think that they saw the uniform and then they just either ignored, got jealous, and the guys well, let's just say they find her attractive." He replied.

"And clearly you can't tell us apart." Huffed Nino.

"It was your second or third day there. Same hair color. I'm sorry. How many times must I say it before we move on?" He grumbled.

"You know Nino," Ichika looked over. "That's your toxic trait talking."

"It is not." Argued Nino.

"Now-now. We have a guest. You should behave. Especially if you want that bad boy in Father's apartment he rents one day. I'll stay quiet if you do." Ichika winked at Nino and took a bite. Watching Nino blush. That did it. Clearly that was exposed. Hook, line, sinker, and knowing her place. That was easy. Ish. "So Itsuki, what are you feeling?"

"Like this is really happening." She just wanted to eat in peace.

"Aren't my sisters adorable at times?" Asked Ichika.

"I say yes for one of them." (FN) answered.

"They aren't good flirts. Sorry."

"Neither am I." He shrugged. "I'm not mean like some people are. If Itsuki told you how we sat together at lunch and such there was that. Which, I never tried the tempura at school until then actually."

"Really?" Asked Itsuki.

"I'm on a small budget you know." He winked.

"True." Itsuki nodded.

"Wow. I've had this place only once. My friend I sit with everyday for lunch was jealous when he found out. Thank you for having me. And no, we aren't dating but I would lie if I said if I didn't think about it."

"Why isn't this more talked about?" Gasped Yotsuba.

"I think both of you are scared to talk." Put in Miku. Okay, when the quiet one says it out loud, that is, well, a problem. Everyone looked around the table. It was awkward, yet maybe it was called for. Somebody needing to say it. Was it okay as it is? Or, did they just need a little stepping stone?

"Why is this happening?" Asked Itsuki out loud.

"I felt like I was rushing things as it is. I am so sorry." Apologized (FN). 

Miku shook her head. Why is it in manga chapters it either takes forever or within the first volume to some extent? Touche

"You don't have to apologize (FN). Just well, can we take this slowly and not be all lovey-dovey, pet name, kissy, and touchy feely to start off? 

"No 'Darling' I suppose." Ichika giggled.

"There are other terms but I get it."

"I like Honey actually. Ut!" Itsuki looked at (FN). Nearly dropping her chopsticks. This wasn't exactly a great moment. 

"You know. So it's better on here," He put down his chopsticks and turned to look at her firmly. "You want to just slowly try it out and outside of anyone here not tell anyone until you feel comfortable?"

"Okay..." She smiled slowly. "Girls?" Watching Ichika smile, Nino shaker her head, and the other two just give a slight nod for a vote of confidence. "Okay, Honey."

"Sounds good." He winked at her. "And thanks for having me. Maybe soon we'll study in the library and then grab food before we head home. What do you think?"

"When Fuutaro doesn't come or worst case I can take a day here or there. Thank you so much. You've been sweet since I've got to school. You're kind."

"Thanks a bunch." He smiled. "And let me know anyone if I can help somehow." 

Ichika looked at Nino trying to ignore this. This rather asking out time is weird for everyone. And when does someone ask out a girl in front of her whole family? He's not innocent, but he's smart. Knows when to be gentle. He either has a strict Mom or close sister at home. I like him. I don't mind him and Fuutaro. They won't do anything rash. We can have them around.

"So where would you two go?" Asked Yotsuba.

"I haven't thought about it yet." He chuckled. "Right now this right here is the best sweet and sour sauce I've ever had. And Itsuki, one step at a time. After dinner I'll help everyone clean up and we can go from there. How's that?"

"O-okay. But we're not holding hands." Itsuki looked away.

"That a bad joke or am I missing the plot?"

"It means hands off you big dummy!" Cried Nino.

This, is, awkward. But it's moving the needle. Hell with it.

~~~~~

Been there man. I've had the awkward type thing when I was sixteen with Delanie. And she is now married with a good career. Unlike myself. Oh well.

Being awkward and mid isn't bad guys. It's being reasonable and doing the job. Caring. Giving a damn. As such. You'll see.

-Relly