Chapter 12 - Brawl

I'm on sick leave and wanted to update this.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

The relationship was starting to move into a more comfortable phase. Some were saying once they were on first name basis, it was over. But when all five sisters have the same last name, that tears it. Then there was the small things. One of them was during a study session (F/N) forgot his hoodie at the Nakano apartment...

As most people know when that boyfriend hoodie is in the possession of a girlfriend, she temporarily has is. Only temporary because something will have to replace it. His black band/artist hoodie (pick it, no judgements here) was now going to be at the Nakano house for a while. Then it was more or less a lease agreement. Promise to have X and switch it in and out depending ware and condition. With this case, Itsuki was getting a different hoodie twice a week. They had to be washed eventually and that was an interesting conversation how it came across.

(F/N) was backing his back up one evening when Itsuki came out wearing his hoodie. "Pick one to swap next time Babe."

"I have to swap my own hoodie?"

"Uhuh."

"Well then." He sat down and gave it thought. "Pick a color."

"Navy."

"You got it. Tomorrow then."

"Okay. Bye Babe." Itsuki smiled as she walked him out.

This was a cute gesture he eventually just accepted. As if he were a fish on a baited line. A firm grip, a little battle, you know you're going to lose, then just relax and accept the fact that the inevitable is happening. Pretty much all there is to it. 

People caught on of course. The girls thought there was nothing to it. When a few weeks go by and it's a steady thing going on, it truly is no big deal. Wearing your boyfriend's hoodie to school and taking it off at the lockers wasn't a huge big deal. For most people. Except there is danger afoot. The classrooms in the school had a lot of windows that made the whole building glow and light up. Although, without light there is always darkness. 

"But the brighter the lights, the darker the shadows." - Takayuki Yagami

The problem isn't the gossipers. The sisters didn't have any distaste to or for (F/N) including Nino with the worst attitude. Trouble in the not so paradise? Well what happens if someone gets confused and it cases a huge miscommunication because it's a misconception of one of the five pink haired girls in the school? Someone 'has splaining to do' and may or may not have listening ears.

( For the record. "Splain." Or "Splaining to do" comes from the old black and white American TV show classic I Love Lucy from 1951-1957. Ricky the husband was Cuban and one of the funny parts of the show was Lucy making fun of his English. There's a lot of YouTube moments. I recommend looking it up.)

Right after lunch was over there was a classmate that walked up to him. (F/N) didn't know his name at all. "Can I help you?"

"What's with you and Pinky?" He stepped closer.

"Who's Pinky?" (F/N) was confused. He assumed it was a pet name to some girl. 

"You think that's funny?" The classmate pushed him. 

"Alright Jackass." (F/N) pushed him back using his forearms. "What do you want?"

"How did you get to date Nakano?" He huffed.

"There's five of them. I date one. What of it? Who the hell are you?"

"Name's Bando. You're a panty waste doing what you're doing." This bully was going to be on the last nerves.  

(F/N) didn't think of this but there were people watching him. Their peers, faculty, and most of all, the five Quins. All five of them looking over and horrified that some sort of mess started because of one of them. Even though it was no one's fault. With a potential brawl breaking out at any time, time to brace for anything. 

"Go that way!" (F/N) pointed to the hallway behind him. Gritting his teeth and clenching his fists. 

Bando smashed him across the face. "Ladies first bitch boy."

"Baka!" A mighty strong hand in between the eyes. Then a follow up with an uppercut glass jaw with the opposite hand. With the adrenaline starting to flow with a strain of rage it was go time. But as they saw, don't talk smack or hit first if one can't back it up. 

Bando went right back trying to give him a right fist but all (F/N) did was sidestep and swing at him. Landing on top of the eyebrow and temple area. At this point staff rushed over and then it was the part where the two of them looked around and said the same thing.

"Ah shit..."

Itsuki was horrified. This could only mean one thing. Homeroom and lunch will look different for the next few days. Everyone watching knew what the next move. Suspension and make up work. Nothing could be worse. The five sisters walked out of there and it was just a matter of the waiting game. 

Ichika checked on Itsuki. "You okay?"

"I'm more concerned about him. Forget me." Itsuki replied.

"Well, I think we all know how this is going. Lunch will be with us a while. Poor guy. It was either get the stuffing beat out of him or hold your ground. But hey, least you have a boyfriend that can fight, right?" Nino observed (F/N) and Bando being separated and brought away. Most likely going to an administrative office.

"I think he won." Said Yotsuba 

"Don't encourage him." Itsuki shook her head. "This will be lovely. But, limo will have room for five. That's always nice."

~~~~~

Classes were over as all five of the Quins got into the limo. Right as they took off Itsuki got a call from her boyfriend. Thank goodness too. Had to at the very least clear the air a little bit. It all happened so fast. Now he got to explain himself. 

"Babe, you there?"

< Yeah. I am so sorry. >

"Who was that guy?"

< So, let me explain. That guy was Bando. I've never met him. And he confused you for one of your other sisters. So he pushed me, I pushed back, he slapped me across the face and I just got pissed and gave him a few hits before I looked around and found out we were in trouble. Yeah... That. >

"So he had a crush on who?" Asked Itsuki.

< You know, I can only assume Nino only because of the hair length. I am not sure though so don't quote me on it. But he sure as hell can't tell you apart so that's how that mess started. I'm sorry to ruin the day for everyone. I apologize. >

"Well Babe I can't just tell you that he should be pushed around either."

< I greatly appreciate that actually. Thank you Honey. >

"So are you okay?"

< I'm fine. I'm suspended for three days, but fine. But in the meantime I have to go home and explain myself to my parents and I will let you know how that all goes. I'll catch up with you the best I can. If I have the ability to I think I have an idea. And I have a hoodie to trade for you as well. How's that? "

"Thanks Babe. Take care of yourself."

< You too. After I find out what will be the punishment at home for this mess I will let you know. Hope it's nothing drastic. Bye for now. >

"Bye Babe." Itsuki hung up and leaned back in her seat. "I guess that answers that. He boyfriend gets into a fight and gets suspended. Just great. What's next?"

"Actually, Father wanted us to call and check in on things." Pondered Ichika. "But, not a word of it. You know how he is."

"Yup..."

~~~~~

You stand your ground and you pay for it. But you earned respect for it. So now where to from here? Does it crumble, or is there a little light at the end of the tunnel?

-Relly