Chapter 7

Dear Readers,

Sorry for the inactivity, for the last few weeks, I've had a lot going on, and then I got sick and now I have my final mock exams starting tomorrow. Please understand that I am in my final weeks of High School and have all the stresses that go with it.

This week I will only be publishing one chapter, again sorry, but I am sure after everything passes, I will be able to resume publishing as normal.

Thanks for understanding and enjoy!

Macau tossed and turned in bed that night, his thoughts churning. A million things ran through his mind as he just wanted it to stop, a million questions he had that he didn't have answers to, questions about Chay. Eventually, he threw his blankets off him and got out of bed, put some clothes on, and left his room. Walking down the dark hallways he had walked a thousand times, he headed to a less used and less known part of the house. Macau stopped outside one door along a hallway of doors, deciding if he was going to take the chance, however his hunger for answers got the better of him and he opened the door.

Macau let out a breath of relief as he saw one of his old tutors swing in his chair to face him. He smiled at the man he only came to know as A-wut, glad it was someone he had grown up with rather than someone from the Main family who distrusted him. 'Hey, A-wut.' He said as he went up to the man and did the handshake they formed when Macau was a kid.

A-wut looked at Macau suspiciously, 'What do you want Macau?' he said not without affection.

Macau grinned, 'just a favour for an old friend.'

A-wut let out a laugh, 'what are you talking about 'old friend', you're still just a little squirt,' he said ruffling Macau's hair before stopping and squinting, 'although, is that a grey hair I see?'

Macau swatted away his hand and glared at him smiling, 'whatever, I just need a favour.'

A-wut smiled at the kid he used to teach, 'Fine, go for your life,' he said walking out of the room.

Macau looked at him baffled at his sudden departure, 'What?'

He looked back at Macau, 'from your expression when you came here, I'm guessing you didn't come here to see me but use the resources, you were just glad it was me since I would let you do what you want without telling on you rather than those Main family scumbags.'

Macau smiled at his old tutor, still as good as ever at reading him, 'Thanks, I won't be too long I don't think.'

A-wut waved him off, 'take as long as you like. The shift just changed over, so no one will be coming to take over till morning, I'm going for a smoke.' He said before leaving the dark room.

Macau smiled after him as he left before turning around and looking at the room. The light had been broken for as long as he could remember, no one ever bothering to fix it, so the room's only source of light was the multiple computer screens on the wall providing enough needed.

Macau went and sat down in the office chair and swung around to face the monitors that contain access to all the resources of the Minor clan. He went into the main search engine and typed in Porchay Kittisawasd, however, just before pressing enter, Macau hesitated, doubting himself about this invasion of privacy. Macau shook his head at himself, confused as to why this was a problem for him, I've never had a problem with this before, he thought. He looked back up to the name on the screen and pressed enter, determined to get the answers he needed, to see who Chay really was.

To Macau's disappointment, there was less information than he wanted however, as he scrolled through all of Chay's information, a name did pop out to him, BOC International School, the same school he used to go to. He tried to find more information about Chay, but there was really nothing except basic information. Deciding to go on a different approach, he went onto their old school's website page and looked through everything about recent alumni.

He felt a little sentimental as he looked through the yearbook quotes and passages from his old classmates and friends. Macau never really cared about school, he went because his brother said he had to; however, he did make some friends which whom he shared some great memories with. When he found his own yearbook quote, he frowned, not remembering ever submitting one. 'Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us – Nicole Reed.' Macau snorted at the cringy quote obviously put there by someone else, probably one of his friends that wanted to tease him one more time before he left high school.

Smiling he shook his head and continued looking through all the graduated students, finally stopping at Porchay Kittisawasd. Macau could only stare at Chay's quote as a small ache developed in his chest, 'Music is the best way for me to say I Love You.' Words obviously meant for someone he loved, or maybe loves still. Macau shook away the strange feeling that he started to develop and had a closer look at Chay's profile noticing a hyperlink at the bottom. Following the link, he came to a video of a performance he remembered from the year before. There he was, Chay, standing almost out of view of the camera, playing the guitar with a massive smile on his face.

Suddenly the memories of the concert rushed back to Macau. Watching the band play their songs, him jamming out to them with his friends, those same friends dragging him with them to meet the band's lead singer who they thought was cute, him slowly inching away to escape before noticing the guitarist by himself packing up the stage. He didn't know what drew him to the boy, but he made his way over to him and offered to help him pack up. He accepted Macau's help with a shy smile and quietly talked to him while they worked. Macau never got the boy's name, nor did the boy ask for his, but they met a few more times around the school and at school events, always making sure to wave to each other.

Macau tried to remember why they stopped interacting with each other, in the end, he guessed as time passed and they didn't see each other, they just kind of forgot about each other. Macau frowned as a memory of Chay 'first meeting him' came to mind and his question if they had met each other before, maybe Chay didn't forget after all.

Macau took one last look at all the information the minor clan database had on Chay and let out a sigh, realising he wouldn't get the answers to all his questions, not now at least. Macau got out of the chair and left the room, signaling to A-wut down the hall that he was done, and made his way back to his room.

Macau closed the door of his room, frowning as he made his way to his bed and collapsed onto it. He had met Chay before. He didn't know how he felt about that, no, it shouldn't change anything, it's not like Chay fully remembers it either. I guess Chay really is just a regular kid who doesn't know the world of the Mafia, Macau thought as he let his mind wander, drawing him to sleep.

The next 2 days passed in a blur as Macau continued training Chay on the basics of self-defense all the while introducing him to the different fighting techniques they would cover. Macau was continuously surprised at the fast rate Chay was picking up the fighting and how quickly it started becoming natural for him. Deciding it was time for a change in training, Macau told Chay to meet him in front of the Minor house the next morning.

Macau leaned against a black car, looking towards the house before checking his watch once again, it was 9:58 and Chay still wasn't anywhere in sight. He debated whether or not to go to the training room to check if Chay was there before he saw him out of the corner of his eye, making his way over hurriedly. When Chay finally got to him, Macau checked his watch and raised an eyebrow at him. Chay gave him a helpless look before checking his own watch, 'come on, I'm literally only 1 minute late.'

Macau gave him a small smile before getting off the side of the car and opening the door for Chay and motioning with his head to the car, 'get in'.

Chay looked at Macau uncertainly, 'where are we going?' he said as he got in.

'You'll find out' Macau said as he closed the door and got in the other side, a small smile forming on his lips.