Chapter 14

Chay squinted as his eyes adjusted to the morning sunlight, peering through the curtains; a warm breeze coming from the open window. He groggily looked around to find everything as it was the night before, well morning really. The PS5 controllers were thrown on the table, Macau's Switch laying beside them, pillows scattered over the floor, along with the tv remote which must have fallen off the couch as they both slept. Chay went to get up, his neck screaming in protest from his stiff sleeping position, only to find himself weighted down and unable to move from the couch. His mind became more alert as he registered the arm draped across him that held him down, keeping him in place. Slowly, he then forced himself to look around and at a sleeping Macau that he had been using as a pillow as he slept.

Chay tried to remember how this even happen and pulled up a blank, only remembering passing out at about 2 am on the other side of the couch. Not wanting to move and wake the other boy, Chay looked back at him, not able to help but notice how the sunlight bounced off his honey skin, how it made a shadow causing his jaw to look even more defined, how it emphasised his long eyelashes as he opened his eyes. Chay froze as Macau's gaze met his own, as he realised that Macau totally just caught him staring at him while he slept. 'Enjoying the view?' Macau asked, a smile lighting up his face.

Chay instantly moved away only to be stopped by Macau's arm that was still draped around his waist and pulled back. 'N-no' he said looking away, 'I just didn't want to wake you so...'

Macau chuckled before releasing the shy boy and getting up to stretch out his own stiff limbs, 'gee, sleeping on the couch is not nice, I won't be doing that again anytime soon.' He said heading over to the closet and getting out some clothes before making his way back over to Chay.

'If you want to wash up, you can borrow some more of my clothes.'

Chay shook his head still dazed, 'Thanks but I'll just change when I get back home.'

Macau nodded and headed to the bathroom, looking over at Chay before he closed the door, 'what are you doing today?'

Chay tried to think if he had any plans but just shrugged, 'I don't know, probably just hanging out at my apartment.'

Macau smiled, 'Well I don't have anything planned either, so, if you're not sick of me, mind if I tag along?'

Chay smiled back at him, 'Of course I don't mind.'

'Perfect, well just hang around until I finish my shower, and then we'll go to yours' Macau replied smiling as he closed the door to the bathroom.

Laying back down on the couch, Chay stared at the ceiling not noticing the smile plastered on his face. He thought about how much fun he had last night; he didn't really have many people around his age that he could just game and have fun with. He didn't really have anyone that he could actually be himself around, if he was being honest, not even Kim. After a moment Chay frowned as the painful pang in his heart that came every time Kim entered his thoughts never arrived.

Getting up from the couch, Chay made his way over to Macau's bookshelf and tried reading the titles of the many books he had, Mayze Runner, Lord off the Rings, and The Hobbite. He grabbed one out and opened to a random page and was bombarded with English, he could find a few words he knew, but most of them were still foreign.

Putting the book back, Chay started looking at the photos scattered around the room. There were a few photos of just him in different places around Thailand, some of him and his friends and some of just him and Vegas, more of just Vegas. As Chay made his way around the room, his eye was caught by a photo on Macau's bedside table, bringing him over to the bed and picking it up. It was a selfie taken by Vegas who didn't seem much younger than he was now, and in the background, you could see Macau, sitting on his bed looking down at some paper, hunched over a guitar.