Chapter 13

After both Chay and Macau finished their meal, Chay let out a groan of satisfaction before looking at Macau in full seriousness, 'how many times a week do you cook?'

Macau let out a breathy laugh, 'normally 3, maybe more if the food runs out. Why?' he asked with a knowing smile.

Chay's face didn't break his serious expression, 'just give the word and I will be here.' Macau laughed again as he went to collect Chay's plate before the other boy stopped him. 'What are you doing?' Chay questioned. 'You cooked so I clean.'

Macau stood up in opposition, 'You don't have to Chay, I tend to make quite a mess.'

Chay stood us well and placed his hands on Macau's shoulders, forcing him to sit back down. 'No, you stay seated and don't do anything.'

Macau removed Chay's hands and stood up again in defiance at the stubborn boy, 'I'm not going to let you clean up the entire kitchen, it's filthy,' he said with determination before suggesting a compromise. 'At least let me package up the food and put it all away.'

Chay considered for a moment, seeing the stubbornness in Macau's face, he let out a resigned sigh, 'fine, but after that, you aren't helping.' Macau looked at Chay in triumph and let him go, making his way into the kitchen and getting out various containers to put all the leftover food in. Chay rolled his eyes and grabbed their plates making his way over to the sink.

Macau felt a little guilty at all the mess he had made, though, in his defense, he intended to clean it all up himself. He packaged some of the leftovers in smaller portions so people could just heat it up and go, and then put the rest in bigger containers so others can get out what they want. After all the food was put away and the dishes were by the sink waiting to be washed, Macau grabbed a tea towel and went to dry the dishes before it was ripped out of his hand by a glaring Chay. 'Sit down,' Chay said with a stern look. Macau started in protest, but Chay just raised his hand with the stolen tea towel, 'don't make me use this.'

Macau laughed and raised his hands in surrender at Chay's threat before making his way to the other side of the bench where he was sitting before. He watched as Chay did the dishes, taking in how good the boy looked in his clothes. Macau snapped out of his thoughts in shock, where did that come from? he thought. Shaking off the sudden thought, figuring this would be a good time to ease his curiosity about Chay, Macau decided to ask him about his life. 'So, you like gaming?'

Chay looked around at Macau confused, 'Um, yeah? I guess.' He said, continuing to wash the dishes.

Macau scoffed, 'you don't have to act like I'm a total creeper, you're the one who told me you were up all-night gaming.'

Chay nodded his head letting out a short laugh, 'right, yeah, I do like gaming. It's fun, and it passes the time when you have nothing else to do.'

Macau tilted his head, 'You don't have any other hobbies you enjoy?'

'Not really,' Chay replied, 'When I was at school yeah, there were things I liked to do.' He paused and took a breath before continuing, 'but things have changed now.'

Macau frowned, yeah it would have been a huge change in his life when he got dragged into the world of the mafia, but that wouldn't stop him from doing everything. Macau's thoughts drifted to the young boy who couldn't stop smiling while he performed on stage. 'What about music?'

Macau physically saw Chay freeze and wondered what he had done wrong, 'well... I mean, it's just, I-I remember seeing you do a concert once at school,' he said carefully. 'We talked for a bit, and I helped you pack up. I could tell you really loved music and performing, so I was just wondering if you were still doing it?'