Chapter 9

So...

It's been quite a while hasn't it? 

Sorry for the sudden hiatus, but a lot of stuff was happening. Anyway, I'm back and trying to get back into writing my fanfic. Hopefully, it sticks this time since I don't have school distracting me anymore, whoop whoop! Graduated! but you guys don't want to know about that, you just want to see what else I've written.

Anyway, hope you enjoy and I'll definitely be writing this story through to the end, so don't worry, this story will end with a wrapped-up ending. ;)

Macau leaned against the door outside the gun range and took a deep breath trying to calm his racing heart. He let the cold of the metal sink into his skin, grounding him, and distracting him from the young boy on the other side of the door. After a few moments of catching his breath, Macau made his way down the hall to the small kitchenette to get the glass of water that he actually did need. He opened the door and felt around the wall for a small light switch illuminating the white and grey kitchen area and island bench.

Macau made his way over to a cupboard, opened it, and grabbed out a glass before making his way to the fridge and putting his cup under the cold-water dispenser. He leaned his head against the door, trying and failing to get a certain person out of his mind. The feel of his waist under his hands, the concern in his eyes for him, the nervousness around guns that someone could see from a mile away but still having the courage to try.

Macau groaned to himself and banged his head against the fridge, 'What did that fridge ever do to you?' a voice questioned from behind him making Macau jump out of his skin. Only when he went to turn around did he notice the water that had stopped overflowing from his cup and was now a puddle on the floor before he looked up to see Tay in the doorway smirking at him.

'I have a deep and personal grudge against it if you must know,' Macau said sarcastically before putting the glass down on the bench and getting a tea towel to mop up the mess he made. Tay scoffed and walked over to Macau, helping him clean up the spilled water much to Macau's surprise. When they finished Macau picked up the untouched glass and skulled the contents, not stopping till it was fully drained.

'I'm sure it's not shooting guns that have you so thirsty,' Tay said while smirking at Macau, 'so what is it that has you in such a state?'

Macau looked at him before pushing off the bench and grabbing another glass from the cupboard filling them both up with water, 'I don't know what you are talking about,' he said, offering one glass to Tay which he accepted with a knowing smile.

'If you say so.'

Macau never thought Tay was a particularly bad person, he was dating an absolute bastard, but he had never done anything against him. From what he had seen, Tay seemed like an honest to good guy, a person who you could trust, or at least, not have to worry about stabbing you in the back. 'So why are you down here?' he asked politely.

Tay raised an eyebrow, 'I could ask you the same.'

Macau let out a breath and tilted his head, 'I asked first.'

Tay let out a short laugh before composing himself and smirking, 'Time is practicing, now what about you?'

'Training as well,' he said honestly.

Tay glared suspiciously at Macau, 'I would think the youngest of the minor clan wouldn't need any more training.'

Macau glared back at him and took another swig of his water, 'fine, I'm training someone else.'

Tay smirked before nodding to himself, 'Right, Porchay.'

Macau looked at him, 'Yes.' He said in confirmation. 'I'm not surprised you know to be honest.'

Tay smiled once again, 'of course I know. So how's it going?'

Macau looked into his eyes, not seeing any malicious intent he answered honestly, 'Chay is picking up self-defense really well, handling a gun, however,' Macau let out a long breath before looking back to Tay giving him a half smile, 'it's a work in progress.'

Tay scoffed, 'give the kid a break, would you? He's only 17.'

'And I'm only 20, age has nothing to do with it.'

Tay let out a huff of annoyance, 'maybe for you, but you need to think about it, you've had 20 years of upbringing surrounded by guns and being taught how to use them, whereas he's had 17 years of the only guns being in Dramas or maybe on the news.' Tay took a sip of his water, 'the first time he ever encountered a gun was probably when he got abducted and that's not an amazing first-time experience for someone.'

Macau had to do a double take, 'wait, Chay was abducted?' A wave of anxiety rushed through him at the thought of Chay being alone and unable to defend himself upon hearing the news before he brought himself to the present and questioned Tay. 'When did this happen?'

Tay smiled at Macau and brought his glass to his lips taking big, long gulps of water, which Macau knew he was purposely doing to annoy him. Tay drained the glass and placed it back on the bench letting out a satisfied 'Aaa' before answering Macau, 'just before Vegas went off the grid, apparently that bastard Tawan captured Chay for leverage against Porsche.'

A rush of anger surged through Macau before he calmed himself down and grabbed yet another glass out of the cupboard, filling it before leaving the room and making his way down the hall back to the shooting range he left Chay at. Slowly he opened the door to see Chay still shooting at the targets. Macau put his and Chay's glasses of water on the table before making his way over to the boy. Macau noted the new holes in the target that appeared since he left which were closer and closer to the center of the target.

He reached over to Chay and slightly grabbed his arm feeling Chay jump and quickly turn to point the gun at his head, fear all over his face. Macau raised his hands and said calmly, 'it's just me Chay, don't worry.' Macau didn't know why he said that, but his words seemed to have an effect on Chay as he slowly lowered the gun before shifting his eyes to behind Macau. Macau turned to see Tay standing next to the table near the entrance before turning back to Chay and carefully stepping towards him, 'That's just Tay, I think he wants to meet you' Macau said softly, slowly taking the gun out of Chay's hand which now dangled by his side.

The removal of the gun seemed to snap Chay out of whatever trance he was in as he shook his head as if shaking away thoughts before looking at Macau and nodding. Macau nodded back and started leading Chay over to the awaiting Tay. 'Chay,' Macau said as they reached the other man, 'This is Tay, he's a close friend of Kinn.'

'And Porsche' Tay interrupted before putting his hand out which Chay shook with his own wearily. 'Porsche certainly speaks about you a lot, so I would like to get to know you more myself if that's alright with you?' he said with a comforting smile.

Chay smiled shyly, 'that would be good, but I think I'm done for today,' he said facing back to Macau, 'is it alright if we go now?'

Macau nodded at him and said a quick farewell to Tay before leading Chay out of the room and back to the elevator, neither of them talking the entire way out of the building and to the awaiting car.