5: The Favorite

She walked up to him slowly before pulling him into a hug. "Oh my goodness!" She exclaimed excitedly while letting go of the hug. "What are you doing here?!" She asked, almost jumping up and down excitedly.
"Well, as you can see, I usually read under this tree," he chuckled at her.Y/N looked at the tree he was sitting under and noticed a book open and discarded at his feet. She didn't even notice the book. "What are you reading?" She asked curiously. He smiled at her. "Oh, this," he pointed to the book in his hand, "is a book of poetry. I'm always reading it because it makes me happy." This made Y/n pout "I don't make you happy?" She whispered. "Oh no, I love your company, but you are my second favorite. Poetry will always be my number one," he replied with a small laugh. She playfully frowned "Poetry is now my target!" She declared dramatically, and he laughed again.
"So do you want to sit and read with me?" He asked, gesturing to the empty spot on the ground next to him. Y/N agreed happily and sat on the ground beside him. He handed her the book and opened it. "The poem is by Robert Burns. I read 264 pages, but it's not all the way done." He commented before flipping through the pages. "It's beautiful." Y/N gushed as she read the poem. It was beautiful, and Y/N loved listening to the story unfold and hearing the words spoken out loud. After reading for half an hour, Y/N looked over at Flippy. His expression was focused, he was completely enraptured by the story, and he had to fight hard not to fall asleep. Her smile widened and she giggled quietly to herself before scooting closer to Flippy and resting her head on his shoulder. He froze and stared at his shoulder with wide eyes and blushing cheeks. "You should take a picture," Y/N whispered in his ear before giggling again. He shook his head slightly before closing the book and putting it back where he found it. "We should start heading home, it's getting dark," he mused as he stood up, helping Y/N up with him. "Well okay, at least give me a hug before you go," she whined before she quickly engulfed him in a tight hug. Flippy didn't know why, but he could feel his heart flutter whenever she hugged him. "Y-y/n?"