38: Words truly hurt

Next thing you know.
Flipqy was laying in bed, covered in blood and surrounded by many bandaged wounds. Y/n had also made sure to come back every 5 minutes. She came in, looked at him with concern in her eyes and sat next to him until he got comfortable.  "You Alright?" "No...how did I get here? What's going on?"  He asked tiredly. Y/n sighed "The doctor told me you might get a coma for a couple of days."   Flippy shook his head "That can't be possible right?". Y/n hesitated before answering "...it is." "I see..." He thought for a moment, contemplating whether he should tell her what was happening. "It won't be as bad as everyone makes it sound right?" He finally asked. She shrugged  "No. It won't, but that's what the doctors say anyway."  Flippy nodded.  "Wait who are you again?"  He asked while staring intently into her e/c eyes. "Y/n." She replied  "Why are you helping me?"  He asked again, confused. "Because.... You're my friend and I just want to make sure you're alright."  Flippy chuckled. "But I'm not your friend... And I've never been your friend."  He stated coldly. Y/n's heart clenched "Flippy...you just have to remember that's all-"  he cut her off "Remember!?!?! What is to remember! Hmm?"  He snapped back angrily. She couldn't help but flinch at his sudden outburst. He noticed that, feeling bad immediately. He quickly calmed down however and spoke in a more gentle tone. "Listen stranger I don't want to talk to you alright just leave."   Y/n opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out. Her heart broke at his words. It felt like someone had taken an arrow in her gut.  Suddenly it dawned on Y/n and tears fell down her cheeks. "And it's not like I wanted to help you and stay by your side until things get figured out..."  Flippy was about to say something but Y/n closed the door quietly behind her, and run straight out of the hospital without any word.