16: The sign

She couldn't see anything except bushes and trees in the distance. She shook her head and continued to walk. "Please give me a sign..." she whispered as her vision blurred slightly from holding back tears. She closed her eyes and inhaled deeply, letting her tears slowly fall from her lashes and onto her cheeks.  Once the last drop fell she opened her eyes and started to make her way down the pathway slowly, hoping her feet would guide her in the right direction.
After some time she finally caught a glimpse of a green log house just a few meters ahead.  She hurried to run the remaining distance to get there and stopped in front of the door, breathing heavily as she tried to compose herself. She raised her fist and knocked. She heard faint steps from within the house approaching the door until it finally swung open revealing the familiar face of Flippy. He gazed at her for a moment before opening his arms wide and stepping forward to engulf her in his embrace. She wrapped her arms around his waist tightly and buried her face into his neck. "Flippy, I'm so happy I found you,"  Y/n muttered softly.  He gently stroked her hair and rubbed circles on her back trying to calm her down. He held her tightly for a few more seconds before saying, "How did you end up here?" Flippy released his grip and stepped back slightly so that he was no longer touching her shoulders but rather her wrists. She smiled shyly before stating "I listened to the words since the day we met"   replied, lowering her gaze. Flippy smiled lightly, "That sounds like my Y/n"  he teased, reaching out to ruffle her hair. She giggled and swatted his hands away playfully before looking up at him again.  He stared at her silently, studying her face with gentle eyes.  He noticed she had dried tears on her cheeks,  and wondered what she'd been crying about. "Do you want to tell me why you are upset?" He asked, his soft tone causing Y/n's chest to fill with warmth again.   "Well I was worried for you", she replied, rubbing her arm nervously. He chuckled before opening the door wider and gesturing for her to enter. She hesitantly stepped inside the large house and looked around, noticing how well-decorated it was inside. The house is filled with trophies, statues, suits of armor, and a widescreen TV.