TWO

BLOODSHED

"all of my pain and all of your excuses, i was a kid but i wasn't clueless,"

family line, conan gray

chapter two

JORDAN SLOWLY OPENED THE DOOR TO HER HOUSE, it was pitch black and the street lights had long gone off - she didn't mean to stay at Ava's for too long but the pair fell asleep while watching a movie. When Jordan awoke she sprinted out Ava's front door and rushed to her home, praying to whoever was above that her father would either be passed out drunk or still at work.

Of course, the Gods never answer in her favour because when she opened the door her father stood in the living room. A deep scowl on his face, his arms crossed over his chest his muscles bulging, "where have you been?" The man spoke, anger evident in his voice.

The voice of her father made Jordan jump as she closed the door, due to her sudden movements she accidentally slammed the door and cursed internally when she spun around and was met with her father's scowl.

"I'll ask again. Where were you?" The man seethed, he uncrossed his arms and began walking quickly to where Jordan stood. Her eyes widened as she tried turning around to get out of the house as fast as possible, but it didn't work, her father yanked the back of her hair and began dragging her.

Ignoring the shouts of protests his daughter cried out, he threw her against the living room floor. She smacked her head against it. She accidentally bit her lip when she was thrown, busting it open.

Her father watched as tears burned the corners of her eyes, and he watched when she tried steadying her breathing so as to not cry, he frowned.

He sat down next to her and laid her head on his lap, he began stroking her hair softly, "I'm sorry," her father cooed calmly - any hint of anger seemed to be gone from his voice. "I didn't want to hurt you, but you left me no choice dear."

Dear.

Dear was a nickname he used for Jordan's mother before she got up and left the two, he sometimes called her that when he was drunk and she knew why.

He mistook her for Cecelia.

Her mother.

He gently stroked her head as she blinked back any tears that threatened to spill, she wasn't going to cry.

Not in front of him.

Not to him.

Never again.