ELEVEN

BLOODSHED

"cause this house is not a home,"

after hours, the weekend

chapter eleven

JORDAN HAD THE STRANGEST DREAM when she woke up that morning. It was about a woman, a woman she wished to bury deep into her mind.

Her mother.

It felt as though it was something from the past, some things were fuzzy while some things were clear as day. Jordan groaned as she made her way downstairs, she was wearing her usual outfit, black bell bottom jeans, a white blouse and her leather jacket - she kept her hair down to hide any bruises on her shoulders and collarbones.

"Good morning dear!" Andrew spoke cheerfully, she glared at the man. "I have a question."

"I'm all ears!" He said as he flipped a pancake in the pan, Jordan leaned against the counter, contemplating whether she should ask it.

"What was mum like?" She began, her father stopped moving the pancake and instead stayed still as a statue as he listened to his daughter continue, "you never talk to her, I just wanted to know what she was like."

She knew it was a long shot to ask him for help, but he was the best information source she could get about her mother. She didn't know anyone else who knew her mum, so she could assume he did.

He dropped the frying pan, the metal falling against the floor with a loud bang. He spun around, a cruel scowl plastered on his face as he quickly began walking towards her.

Jordan's eyes widened as she slowly walked back, bumping into the dining room chairs, Andrew reached out and grabbed a big chunk of her hair and began dragging her to her bedroom.

He threw her onto the floor of her bedroom with a loud thud, she already bruised bones cried out in agony, he slammed her bedroom door shut harshly, a sound of a click of a lock following after.

"Dickhead!" The girl shouted, he had locked her in. She had school in a bit.

She huffed as she made her way to her bed, an angry scowl on her face - her eyes glanced to her window and went to open it, but it wouldn't budge.

Of course, it had to not open the second she actually needed it, she groaned and ran a hand frustratedly over her face.

She sat on her bed with a huff, she hadn't seen Ava in a while, she missed her, and Gwen, she even missed Finney Blake.

She didn't miss anyone else, but the small voice in her head was whispering something - but she could hear it loud and clear, Vance Hopper.

She sighed as she leaned back against her wall and pulled out a cigarette, she didn't care if the smoke got in her room and stunk it, she just needed something to help her de-stress, before she could light it she glanced at Vance's jacket.

She rolled her eyes before going back to lighting the cigarette, she took a long inhale shortly after exhaling.

She heard the slam of her front door, signalling Andrew leaving for work. She looked around her bedroom, the cigarette hanging loosely from her lips as she scavenged around for anything in her room.

Once again her eyes glanced towards the jean jacket that hung from the wardrobe door, a small smirk tugged against her lips as she thought of something. She yanked the jean jacket off of the door and scavenged through the pockets, successfully finding his pocket knife.

Something was new about it, instead of its clean surface on the handle, 'J.R' has been carved onto it. She didn't notice the new carving and instead used the small pocket knife to open the window.

She squashed the cigarette into the ashtray before trying again, this time it worked - the window slid open with a click and Jordan smirked triumphantly at herself. She stuffed the pocket knife into Vance's jacket pocket before climbing down the wall.

It was a lot harder to climb down the wall using one hand, as the other held Vance's jacket. She finally hopped down from the wall, landing on her feet.

She smirked to herself and flung the boy's jacket over her shoulder as she stuffed her hands into her pockets, walking in the direction of the school. Someone began walking in pace behind her, she turned her head to see Vance.

"Vance."

"Jordan." He couldn't sleep last night, the image of Jordan's vulnerable body didn't leave his mind, he felt terrible and it wasn't even his fault. "Where've you been?" He knew where she had been, she was stuck in her room because of her injuries.

"I was locked in my room," she shrugged, throwing the boy's jacket into his chest. The winter air stung the girl's body even with a coat on, Vance grasped the jean jacket tightly and walked into step with the girl.

A few people from school turned their heads to see a shocking sigh, Jordan Richards and Vance Hopper standing next to one another without throwing fists. It wasn't a common occurrence or an occurrence anyone thought could happen.

Jordan made it to the front doors and walked away from Vance, going to where she saw the familiar blonde and brunettes. Gwen was talking about something with a small smile as the other two nodded along.

Jordan walked up from behind them and swung her arms around Finney and Ava's shoulders, "hey."

The three snapped their heads towards Jordan, who got hugged tightly by Ava, "Shit Ava I can't breathe," she spoke, Ava didn't hug her that tight, but she got the message when the girl hissed out in pain.

She quickly let go of her and the three began walking to their first class, talking happily to one another, "are you okay? you weren't in!" Gwen exclaimed a worried expression on her face.

"Yeah I'm alright, just got locked in my room," the girl shrugged and continued walking down the corridor, the two Blakes stopped in their tracks, shocked by the girl's honesty, while Ava continued walking next to her, use to it by now.

--

KHIONE SPEAKS !!

OK I LIED!! I COULDNT SLEEP AND INSYEAD DECIDED TO UPDATE SO YOUR WELCOME. i wonder how long my writing high lasts for before i completely give up ALSO SORRY IT WAS SHORT I HAD NO IDEA WHAT 2 WRITE 🤭🫶