THIRTY-TWO

THIRTY-TWO

"take me to your best friends house, roll around this roundabout,"

tongue tied, grouplove

thirty-two

THE SUN WAS SHINING, Jordan felt calm, the world felt calm, the house felt calm, and her life felt calm

Jordan felt refreshed when she came downstairs to a quiet kitchen, and then it clicked why everything felt so calm.

Her father wasn't there.

Her father wasn't home.

If she recalled, she didn't hear her father come home the last name either, it was strange.

But a good type of strange.

A huge smile spread across Jordan's face as she walked around the empty house, she was alone.

She sighed contently as she walked back into the kitchen and decided to for once make herself breakfast, she pulled out pans and turned on the oven, pulled things from the fridge out, and began cracking eggs over the frying pan.

As the eggs were sizzling, a knock was heard on her door, and she froze.

She sighed and turned the oven off, letting the eggs sizzle over it, she slowly opened the door and revealed a police officer.

"Hello."

"Hi, I'm Officer Briant, I wanted to inform you that your father got into a car accident last night on maple street and is currently in the hospital, so no panic he will be out in a few months."

Jordan had to bite her lip to contain a smile, "oh, really? Thank you. Thank you for informing me." The girl spoke, in the saddest voice, she could possibly muster.

The officer nodded his head and tipped his hat before leaving and driving off in his police car, Jordan walked down the steps of her house to watch the car leave.

Her eyes caught the sight of Vance's car.

It had a small dent at the front of it, that wasn't there when she last saw the car.

He was walking outside his house when he made eye contact with her, her eyes trailed to his car, to which he just smirked and sat down in his front garden.