SIX

BLOODSHED

"they're singing 'happy birthday!', you just want to lay down and cry,"

30/90, andrew garfield

chapter six

JORDAN LAZILY opened her eyes, the feeling of someone staring at her forced her awake - she was right, someone was staring at her. "Good morning," Her father spoke cheerfully, she glared at the man, sitting up.

"What?" She asked, poison practically dripping from her tongue.

The man smiled quickly, "I'm just here to wake up my darling daughter!" He said, clapping his hands together, a giggle in his voice.

"Ok." She spoke skeptically, she pulled the covers off of herself and stood up from her bed, the cold floor making her slightly jump.

She walked over to her wardrobe and wrapped her dressing gown around her body, when she turned around her father was still standing there, smiling.

"Anything else?" She asked, glaring at the man as she barged past him, he turned around and gripped her wrist.

"Do try to be a good girl at school today, okay?" He asked, a sweet coo in his voice.

The girl snatched her wrist away from the man, she didn't say anything else in case he could hear her nerves. He giggled once more before kissing the girl's cheek and walking downstairs, he closed the door behind him - the girl bit on her lip harshly.

'Today was going to be a long day.' The girl thought to herself as she trudged through her house to get to her bathroom, she quickly locked the door and walked over to the sink and washed her face, rinsing off any sleep that was present.

The cold water rushed over her face, drowning her momentarily. She turned the shower on, making sure it was hot - but not too hot. Once she made sure everything was good she stripped out of her dressing gown and pyjamas and stepped inside.

The water slid down her back as she washed her hair, she did her usual routine; put the shampoo in, wash it out, put the conditioner on the ends of her hair, wait five minutes, during that wait wash her body, rinse out the conditioner, and then finally she would brush her teeth.

Today was no different, once she was finished she turned the shower taps off and placed her laundry in the washing basket before unlocking the door. She slowly opened it, only a small amount to see if her father was near before slipping back into her bedroom.