TWENTY-TWO

BLOODSHED

"say yes to heaven, say yes to me,"

yes to heaven, lana del rey

chapter twenty-two

THE SOUND OF MUSIC playing on the radio mixed with three girls giggling filled the soft atmosphere of the room, Jordan finished rolling Ava's hair with the heat curlers and instead turned to Gwen to unravel them from the brunette's hair.

Gwen squeezed her eyes shut, still slightly nervous about having heat curlers in her hair, Jordan gave her a reassuring smile as she slowly pulled them out, being careful not to ruin the bouncy curl.

She repeated this process until they were all out of Gwen's hair, "all done." Jordan spoke softly, Gwen slowly opened her eyes and looked at her hair in the mirror with a look of awe on her face.

"Oh. My. Gosh." Gwen said, a huge smile making its way onto her face.

"It's so pretty!" Jordan smiled at the younger girl and sat down next to Ava on the bed.

Although Jordan hated parties and dances and anything like that, she was definitely your girl if you needed someone to help you get ready.

She knew all the tips and tricks of makeup and hair from messing around with that type of stuff when she was only thirteen, and now she's passing on her wisdom to Gwen and Ava.

Jordan moved to lie down on Ava's bed, her eyes closing for a moment.

"Don't go to sleep you need to get ready!" Gwen exclaimed, making Jordan glare playfully at the younger girl and sit up.

"Why am I going again?"

"Because I have no one to go with." Jordan raised an eyebrow, recalling all the boys who have asked her out to the dance.

"Lots of guys asked you out though?"

"Yeah, but I wanted to go with my friends, not some random boy!" Gwen fake gagged, earning a giggle from the other two girls.

-

THE SUN HAD SET hours ago, the alarm on Ava's bedside table bleeped at 8:30. The three girls looked at one another, huge smiles cracked onto their faces, and even Jordan looked slightly happy.

Ava's doorbell rang throughout the house, Ava quickly ran downstairs before either of her parents could get it. Luckily, her parents knew it was Finney and let Ava get the door.

Gwen and Jordan followed behind, "be safe girls!" Ava's father called before Ava opened the door revealing Finney.

"Make sure you come back if anything happens!" Ava's mother says, blowing a kiss to the three girls.