THREE

BLOODSHED

"when the sun shine we shine together,"

umbrella, rihanna

chapter three

DARK RAINCLOUDS FILLED THE SKY LIKE a canopy in the jungle, the first few drops of rain felt like gold on Jordan's skin, the cold sensation creeping up to her brain and setting goosebumps deep into her beaten and bruised body.

'This is nice.' Jordan thought to herself, it felt calm and safe, and for once, nothing could sully her unusually bright mood. Sure, she had just gotten the worst beating of her life, but she survived and whoever above sent a gift to her.

She smiled quietly to herself as she sat on the pavement, the rain began falling down harder, but she didn't budge. Thunder rumbled through the town, but she didn't budge. Lightning flashed through the sky, but once again she didn't budge.

The sound of someone approaching and stopping next to her finally made her look up, what she never expected to see was Vance Hopper.

"Ok, now I really think you're stalking me?" The girl spoke, a big smirk on her face as she looked up at the soaked boy, glaring at her.

"I live next to you, remember?" He looked positively fuming, but she thought it was slightly funny.

"Really? Wow, must've slipped my mind, whoops." She teased.

Jordan never thought she'd get to see a day where she saw Vance Hopper looking like a drowned cat, the girl rolled her eyes as he sat down on the pavement next to her.

She scanned him over, seeing if he had any ulterior motives or if he just wanted to sit here, and eventually, she came across his blood-stained hands that the rain hadn't gotten to clean away yet.

"Another one?" The girl asked, slighting snickering behind her hand.

"What?" He snapped not looking at her, Jordan gestured to his knuckles.

"They're bleeding." Jordan spoke calmly, Vance looked at his knuckles and grimaced. They must've split open from earlier.

His eyes glanced towards her, he looked the girl up and down and for some reason he felt like he was going to throw up - she had bruises and cuts all over her body, he definitely didn't do that.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked, raising an eyebrow at the boy who didn't realise he was staring.

"Because you're ugly." He quickly spoke up, those three words sent her into a fit of giggles.