TWENTY-EIGHT

BLOODSHED

" i am cruel i am gentle i can make you laugh, i have loved many boys i have loved many girls,"

cop car, mitski

chapter twenty-eight

A DARK FOG covered the town of Devin, students who would normally walk home together, stopped, and kids who use to hang out at night were no longer allowed out.

The fog had broken into Devin like a robber in a bank, and the street lights dim - it crept its way into the homes, into the schools and into the stores.

Nobody could see their own hands in front of them, the weather was beginning to turn dangerous.

It had been so foggy for the past week and yet there were no signs of it clearing anytime soon.

It aggravated Jordan as she slammed her messy locker closed, a small piece of paper falling out.

She raised an eyebrow and slowly knelt down to pick it up, she stood back up straight and opened the paper, the messy handwriting coming into view.

'Meet me outside the school during the first period.'

Jordan's first thought was that it was Vance.

Maybe that's why she went alone, or maybe that's why she was somewhat on edge when she walked to the designated meeting spot.

But when she got there, she didn't expect to see a boy from her class.

"Hi," he spoke, a small nervous tone in his voice, Jordan took a mental note of it. She shifted her weight onto her left foot and leaned a hand against her hip.

"Hello?"

"I wanted to talk."

"You said that in the note," Jordan spoke boredly, as the boy's ears turned a dark shade of red.

"I was wondering if you... maybe wanted to go on a date with me?"

Jordan was ready to say a flat-out no until she thought of Ava. If Ava was next to her, she would've been nodding her head rapidly, sending Jordan an excited thumbs up.

Not many people have the guts to ask Jordan Richards out.

Jordan sighed and forced a smile onto her face, "um.. alright," She spoke carefully, side-eyeing the strange boy with suspicion.