TWENTY-NINE

BLOODSHED

"and i know she'll be the death of me, at least we'll both be numb,"

can't feel my face, the weekend

chapter twenty-nine

VANCE STORMED OUT of Grab N' Go, his fists clenched as the door to the corner shop slammed behind him.

He walked angrily over to the back of the Grab N' Go, already pulling out a pack of cigarettes to smoke, and he was so glad he did.

Because when he rounded the corner he saw her, Jordan Richards was sitting in the alleyway, she looked dazed with a peculiar look on her face as though she didn't know where she was.

He slowly walked over to her and crouched in front of the girl, he laid the back of his hand onto her cheek, feeling as the warmth from her cheek made its way onto his hand, she was burning up.

He sighed and looked around, nobody was there. He dropped his hand from her face and gently picked her up, bridal style.

'What a fucking idiot.' He thought to himself, the smell of cigarettes and alcohol filling his nose as he pulled the half-unconscious girl towards him.

-

BY THE TIME Vance got to his house, Jordan was already out of consciousness. At first, Vance panicked slightly - but he stopped when he realised that she was still breathing.

He opened his front door, the lock is unlocked, like usual, - he made his way up to his bedroom with Jordan still in his arms.

Her cheeks were flushed and her lips slightly parted as she breathed softly in her sleep, he laid the girl on his bed and walked to the kitchen, hoping to find anything to give the girl.

Luckily, he found a cold water bottle and some medicine, but that was about it.

Vance sat at the end of his bed and placed the cold water bottle onto her cheek, she let out a sharp inhale and he quickly pulled it back, smirking as the girl's eyebrows furrowed before going back to the usual calm expression she had on when she slept.

He sighed and placed the water bottle on the side of his bed and got up, he crushed up the medicine tablets and placed them in the water bottle for her to drink when she awoke, remembering his mother doing the same with him - but with yoghurt.

Vance was a terrible sick carer, he never really knew how to comfort people or help them while they were ill, so he just copied what his mother would do when he was younger.