20

Tucker awoke early to a knock on her door

Tucker awoke early to a knock on her door. She stumbled out of bed, rubbing her eyes as she tried to look around for a hair brush. Her hands banging against the desk in the dark.

"One moment" she tiredly called out.

"It's admiral Simpson. Please come to office immediately" he stated from the other side of the door. She could hear his footsteps walking away.

Tucker in a panic quickly grabbed her uniform and rushed into her small bathroom where she tried to put her hair up in the neatest bun possible.

She rushed around her room, trying to pull her socks on as she looked for her boots. The boots which had been under the bed were slipped on and the laces were tied before she checked over herself, quickly, once more.

She then exited her room and down the long corridor where all the offices were located. As she entered in admiral Simpson's office, Hangman had spotted her.

"Sir" she greeted, stepping slowly into his office.

Admiral Simpson walked in, "Lt. Benjamin a word" he informed her, pointing to walk further in.

He sat down at into his seat, looking at Tucker who stood on the opposite side of desk. Her arms crossed behind end back and her chin up right. "Sir?" she asked, once more.

"First, this is a continuation of the conversation from two nights ago. I'd also like to start this conversation with I'm glad you are okay. You handled the bird strike well" he said, before shuffling through the papers on his desk.

"Thank you, sir" she said.

"However, since the passing of Admiral Kazansky a few things have been brought to my attention"

"Sir, if this is about-" Tucker began to interject, knowing this had to do about the letter he had written in regards to her being recruited at his request.

"Let me finish Lieutenant. I petitioned for you not be a recruit. Kazansky fought for you. He was the admiral of the fleet and so his opinion mattered more. He is no longer the admiral of the fleet. I have re-petitioned for you to be removed. It was granted by the board. Effective immediately"

"On what grounds?" Tucker asked.

"For starters, there was another admiral who stepped forward and supported this" he began and Tucker immediately knew it was her stepfather. "Unfortunately you've exhibited signs of PTSD. A clinical diagnosis is needed to be discharged from the Navy but not from the detachment"