24

Tucker woke up to half her face buried in the shallow snow

Tucker woke up to half her face buried in the shallow snow. Her body had been knocked out from the impact for what seemed like just a few minutes at most. Her face was just becoming numb to the cold temperature.

She picked her face up, off the ground, brushing off the snow. She looked around, still slightly disoriented. Her face made a confused face as she tried to narrow in on the sound she could hear in the distance.

The swirling sound of a helicopter grew and Tucker looked behind her to find an enemy aircraft heading towards her, approaching the open space from behind the trees.

She quickly picked herself up off the ground and tried to run to safety, but tripped on her own cords. She looked back in fear before having to stop to disconnect the parachute from her body as it slowed her down.

Her fingers nervously unhooked the cord. She began to stumble away, pushing herself to keep moving.

As the guns were lowered and the shots began to fire she run to a fallen tree log that was resting on the ground. Tucker threw her body over it, covering her head with her hands as she pressed up against it, seeking some cover from the shots fired.

The enemy helicopter proceeded to make it's way around the log and was about to fire once more when shots from the opposite direction were fired. The helicopter blew up into flames before crashing onto the ground. Smoke rose into the air.

She looked up into the sky to find Dagger Two circling around. A SAM from not too far away shot a missile and the aircraft exploded on impact.

Tucker watched as the F-18 aircraft and a parachute fell into the forest not too far.

Without hesitation she ran through the woods, following the smoke trail. Her lungs pumping in and out as she ran as fast as she could with all the weight of the gear on her.

"You alright?" Tucker asked from a few feet away as she ran towards him. He was packing his parachute into a camouflaged bag as fast as he could.

"I'm good, are you?" Rooster asked but Tucker couldn't help but push him to the ground in anger. She hadn't asked him to come and save her.

"What the hell?" he asked as he got up off the ground. Brushing the snow off his jumpsuit.

"What are you doing here?" Tucker asked, completely mind-blown he had done that.

"What am I doing here?" Rooster repeated, completely shocked she wasn't grateful for his actions. He threw his helmet to the ground just as Tucker did the same.