21

"Maverick to Range Control

"Maverick to Range Control. Entering Point Alpha. Confirm green range" Pete radioed.

"Tornado to Range Control. Entering Point Alpha. Confirm green range" she radioed as well. Her hands clutched to the throttle nervous about what she and her father were about to try and pull off.

The whole class sat on the edge of their seats, shocked by what was taking place. Admiral Simpson stepped to the side to better observe what was taking place.

"Um, Maverick, Tornado, range control. Ah, green range is confirmed. I don't see an event scheduled for you, sir"

"Nice" Phoenix muttered out loud. She was leaning forward in his seat, arms resting on top of the desk.

"Well. We're going anyways. Setting time to target to two minutes and fifteen seconds" Maverick radioed. Tucker punched the time into her clock as she tried to control her breathing.

Rooster couldn't believe his eyes and Hangman was appalled. He had got it all wrong this morning. She wasn't team leader, she was actually completing the mission without the permission of the Navy.

"Two fifteen. That's impossible" Coyote commented. Surely he didn't have confidence in Maverick or Tornado.

Fanboy and Payback just exchanged looks with each other. Both grinning happily from ear to ear.

"Filing attack point. Maverick is inbound"

"Tornado is inbound" Tucker said. She pushed the throttle as hard as she could, trying to keep with in a good distance of him.

His breathing was heavy as he rocked forcefully back and forth. Tucker doing the same.

"Tornado, talk to me" he harshly muttered.

"Steady on time" she announced as she pushed the throttle back and forth. The force was weighing heavily on her chest.

Back in the classroom, everyone's eyes were glued onto the screen. Including Admiral Simpson, though he didn't seem too pleased with what was taking place like the others.

Everyone followed the small planes through the simulation, each bend causing them to hold their breath.

The seconds flew by but Maverick nor Tornado didn't seem to ease up or falter at all. They both remained calm and kept with the plan he had crafted himself.

"How you doing?" Maverick asked again as he could feel the pressure on his lungs.

"Fine!" Tucker reassured him.