02

Tucker walked into the bar they had agreed to meet at just past eight o'clock

Tucker walked into the bar they had agreed to meet at just past eight o'clock. She was wearing some jeans and tight top, it was what she would call casual clothing for once.

It was always considered a rare occasion when she wasn't in uniform.

She looked around to find the pornstache was seated at a high top by himself. Two untouched mugs of freshly drafted beers on the table.

What really caught her eye, however, was the relaxed, goofy look he had going for him. Khakis with a unbuttoned Hawaiian shirt. Perched on top of his head was black aviator shades, despite it being dark out.

Tucker confidently walked over, taking a sat at the empty stool.

"Bold choice" she said referring to the already ordered beer. She went to grip the mug but Rooster stuck his hand, "sorry. If you don't want it I'll totally drink it" he nervously sputtered. Tucked just flashed him a smile before bringing her mug up to her lips. "No, I like beer. I'm just surprised is all. The last guy to buy me a drink insisted on something girly. Tucker Benjamin, by the way. I don't do call signs. At least not with the men I date" she explained. Rooster sat back into the stool, sighing a breath of relief.

"Bradley Bradshaw" he greeted. "So, you date military men a lot?" he asked. Tucker shook her head no as she took another sip.

"I went on a date with an army man before. Didn't last past the first few minutes. In regards to the Navy. You're my first one, actually. I kind of have this rule. No fighter pilots" she shared. Rooster looked slightly disappointed with a mix of confusion. "I made an exception for you" she continued.

The mood had taken a quick damper and Tucker wasn't for it. She popped up from her seat, rushing over to the jukebox in the corner. She threw her lucky quarter she had been carrying in the back of her pocket for this moment before selecting an upbeat tune. She walked back to the high top taking her seat.

"I think I can top this" Rooster grinned, pointing to the piano that was being paid no attention. 

"You play piano?" Tucker asked shocked, she took another sip of her beer from the mug. As she pulled the mug from her lips she could feel the liquified foam on her upper lip.  She swiftly wiped away the beer foam mustache that had formed with the back of her hand.

"My mom made me take classes. She said my dad loved to play. I'm glad she did" he explained, sipping on his beer to distract from his emotions of his deceased parents.

"Did your dad die while in service?" she asked. She could tell he came to the Navy for then just self satisfaction. He swallowed the beer, softly slamming the empty cup down on the table. "Sorry, that was too much. I'm not normally this nosy-"