25

Tucker flew the F-14 back to a normal altitude as she tried to get back on course to the naval fleet

Tucker flew the F-14 back to a normal altitude as she tried to get back on course to the naval fleet. The dogfight the two had just experienced had gotten them off track.

"I got the radio to work" Rooster informed her as he toggled a few of the breaker switches on. The whole control panel in the backseat illuminated.

"Great. Get us in touch with the ship. And more importantly my dad. He can help us" she requested. She tried to check over the panel again for settings she knew but had ultimately gave up, unsure of what some of these buttons did.

"Copy that" Rooster responded as an enemy alert began to blink and blare. "Where the hell is this guy?" he asked as he looked around.  Tucker just looked straight forward knowing there was no escaping this. A fifth-generation fighter was coming right at them.

"He's on our nose" she whispered. She looked down at the ammo count to find that they were all out. As she saw the smoke approaching she swung the plane around so the tail could send out flares. "Rooster. Flares!"

He pressed the red button, shooting out the last of the flares.

"That was close" Rooster said, as he panicked in his seat. The enemy plane flew by the two without hesitation before turning back around. "We're out of flares!"

Tucker looked behind her to find shots being fired at them and Bradley beginning to panic. "Ahh! This is not good!" he exclaimed, holding into the walls.

Tucker tried to speed forward, dodging shots but the aircraft had taken another critical hit. The F-14 wasn't going to be able to hold out much longer. Not if it was going to be fired at again.

"No! No! No!" she cried out as she the plane continued to face damage. Tucker knew the end was nearing for the two if she didn't act fast.

"We can't take much more of this!" Rooster informed her as he held on tightly to the sides of the plane. She tried to rock back and forth but warnings continued to pop up. She was beginning to feel like she back in Afghanistan and in the bird strike. An impending doom.

"Bradley. We have to eject. We need altitude" she said climbing the plane into the sky.

"What?" he asked in a panic. He wasn't ready to eject from the plane.

"Bradley. You pull those ejection handles the moment I tell you! Okay!" She shouted as she flew the plane even higher. The altitude meter climbed with the plane.

"Tucker wait-" he tried reasoning.

"Bradley. Eject! Eject! Eject! Bradley pull the damn handles!" she shouted as the plane climbed into the sun. She was waiting for him to eject.