23

Tucker stepped outside onto the tarmac to be met with the salty sea air and the cool breeze

Tucker stepped outside onto the tarmac to be met with the salty sea air and the cool breeze. It was a calm day, perfect for flying. Though the weather didn't calm her nerves.

Tucker with her helmet under her arm walked up to Bradley who was coming outside him.

"Let me guess, you're wishing this was already over" Tucker joked trying to lighten the mood.

"How'd you know" he smiled.

"Your beer is on me after this" she continued. His face had fallen from a smile to a frown. "Don't tell me you dislike beer now?" Tucker asked.

"No, no. It's just-" Bradley nervously rambled on. Tucker knew what he wanted to say but she couldn't bare to hear him say it out loud.

"I believe in you, Bradley" Tucker whispered in his ear, planting a kiss on his cheek before she walked over to her aircraft.

She saluted the tarmac unit who awaited her arrival. The two began to talk over the aircraft and the basics.

Rooster continued his way across the ship's tarmac where he came face to face with Hangman. He looked upset he hadn't been chosen himself.

"You give them hell!" Hangman shouted over the sounds of the engines roaring. Without saying another word, Hangman walked past him.

He continued his way down the tarmac to his own aircraft where Maverick was stationed across from him.

"Sir, sir!" Bradley called out. He looked over to Tucker who was looking over her aircraft throughly.

"I- I just want to say-" he began but calls from the ground units were calling for the pilots to enter their aircrafts.

"We'll talk. When we get back" Maverick stated, he tried to seem relaxed. Bradley just nodded his head and made his way over to his own aircraft when Maverick nervously called out for him.

"Hey, Bradley. Bradley. You got this" Maverick nervously shouted. He watched as Bradley got into his aircraft. He then proceeded to headed into his own.

The tarmac crew signaled ready for takeoff.

"Fuck! This is it" Tucker muttered to herself as the canopy was lowered and locked into place. She was the last aircraft in the line.

"Dagger One up and ready on catapult one"

"Dagger Spare. Standing by" Hangman radioed.