01

📍 Oceana Base, Virginia

A young female exits the aircraft she had just landed on the tarmac. The hatch opened and she climbed out, sliding down the side of the wing to the ground.

The tarmac crew walked over, beginning their routine check over the plane. "The throttle seems a little sticky, might want to check that out" she informed one of the mechanics. He threw her a thumbs up and motioned for his guys to check it over.

From the other side of the tarmac a group of pilots watched as the pilot climbed out of the aircraft. Their helmet still positioned on their head as they talked with the mechanic.

"My money says he's a newbie" Hangman betted, sticking his hand out for someone to agree upon.

"My money says he's a LTJG" Coyote commented, shaking his friend's hand. "Rooster?" he asked, waving a hand over his face. He seemed to be in some sort of trance. "Rooster?" he repeated this time with more urgency in his voice.

His attention had been brought back to the group and he looked at the two pilots next to him. "You don't know who that is?" Rooster asked.

"Should I? Seems like an amateur to me. The landing was a little weak" Hangman commented, grinning. Despite his newly appointed Lt title he acted as though he was an admiral at times.

"Huh, I know something you don't. I'm just gonna let that sink in for-" Rooster joked causing Hangman to scoff at his stupid sarcastic attitude.

"-just tell us, dude" Hangman whined, annoyed with Rooster showboating. Only, Hangman himself was allowed to brag and show-off.

"Fine. Fine. That's admiral Benjamin's granddaughter" he said pointing. Coyote reached out, lowering Rooster's hand as she approached the group.

Removing her helmet as she approached the group of men, her long, flowy, brunette strands blew gently with the wind. She tucked the few strands of hair behind her ear before tucking her helmet under her arm.

"Gentlemen, now before you go saying anything. The throttle was a little sticky" she greeted, joking on her not so perfect landing. The three men couldn't help but stare a little.

She was naturally beautiful and caught the attention of every guy on the base. Not to mention, her smile was one worth a million dollars. If she hadn't been so adamant about joining the Navy she surely would have been modeling or something along that nature.

"Hi, I'm-" Hangman greeted sticking his hand out for a shake but she had cut him off.

"-don't. Let me guess. You are - Hangman, right? I've heard about you on base" she said, grinning. A little blush appeared on his cheeks as he smiled back at her. "I know the arrogant and cocky ones when I see them" she continued, instantly turning his smile to a stone cold frown and the gawking blush turning to an infuriating flush.