Sweet, Candy Lips

•Y/N: Your Name

——————————————————
Author's POV:
___________________________________

——————————————————Author's POV:___________________________________

__________________________________

It was like any other evening. Things were beginning to wind down for bed after a long day of planning the new venture for next Halloween. Y/N had taken a hot bath, immersing herself in a pumpkin-scented wonderland full of glow-in-the-dark bubbles. A candlelit bath was certainly one of her new favorite pastimes since living with the spooky spirit. He kept the bathroom stocked with all sorts of magical potions, bath bombs and more to make that time extra relaxing.

Some changed the water's color or even made it look glittery, some produced lots of bubbles, and her most favorite were the aforementioned glow-in-the-dark ones that gave the suds an eerie, green glow in the darkness. Others filled her senses with the very essence of fall: the crisp leaves, sweet apples and pastries, pumpkin, vanilla and sugar. The bubbles were not as ordinary as one might think; while most did stay in the tub like normal, some would fly about the room at a steady pace like possessed, crystal balls. She found it so cool, and to replenish the ones in the air that popped on descent, all she needed to do was gather suds in her hand and blow gently to send them soaring.

Y/N steps out of the bathroom wearing a white, long-sleeve shirt with a large picture of a cartoon ghost on the front, fuzzy, black pajama pants with similar depictions of sheets with holes cut for eyes printed all over and cozy, black sock slippers with grippy bottoms to keep her feet warm for the night. To her surprise, the bedroom was almost fully dark, not at all how she left it, lit only by a flock of floating candlesticks that certainly weren't there before she went into the bathroom. They alternated between the colors black, orange and white, and though they dripped wax, none hit the floor as they led a trail down the orange, carpeted stairs. Arching a brow, Y/N looks around, wondering what that tricky spirit could be up to next, but he was nowhere to be found. Prepared for him to jump out at her, she takes the bait, blowing out each candle on her way down to the living room. Last thing she wanted was for his power to weaken and drop one, starting the house on fire.

Every flame that went out caused the candle to drop and disappear into a cloud of white smoke, which then rolled down the steps like a waterfall of fog. Y/N was surprised to hear a familiar crunch once she stepped on the floor and looked down as the fog faded to reveal an array of perfectly crunchy, fall leaves in a variety of reds, yellows and oranges. Smiling, she stomps on them to hear that satisfying sound again before returning to the candle trail which came to an abrupt end at the back door, which is now decorated with a wreath made of leaves, twigs and pine cones presenting a wooden sign in the middle reading, Enter If You Dare. The human shook her head and grasped the knob before coming outside to find what out what Jack had in store for her this time. There was a slight chill in the air but nothing unbearable.