Beyond the Grave

__________________________________
Author's Note:
__________________________________

I worked so hard to get this chapter done quickly. Thankfully, I got a spark of inspiration on Halloween, right? Haha!

~Enjoy~

—————————————————

•E/C: Eye Color
•Y/N: Your Name

—————————————————
__________________________________
Your POV:
__________________________________

My hand covers my mouth as my E/C eyes tear up in joy, while I slowly reach out my left hand to touch the planchette after it stops moving.

"J- Jack? That's you, isn't it?" I ask, mentally begging to be right. Last thing I need is a tricky spirit on my hands... Wait, that is what I'm trying to call. Steadily, the piece makes its way towards the word 'YES', making me smile widely at the ouija board. I turn my gaze towards Whiskers, who stares at the board intently, with my heart beating loudly like a drum.

"It's him." I release a short laugh in relief and look back at the board. "You have no idea how happy I am right now. I can actually talk to you outside of Halloween!"

'U R M Y S M A R T G I R L'

My smile grows bigger, but I wish I could hug him.

"Do you think this can work in different places, like at my house, or will it be too far?"

'T R Y'

"All right. Hold on. I'll be right back."

'O K'

I nod my head before packing up and shoving the spirit board back in the plastic bag. I stand up and hurry home with Whiskers chasing closely after me. When I burst through the front door, I accidentally scare the s*** out of my father, who was passing through the hall.

"Christ, Y/N! You almost gave me a heart attack! What's the big rush, huh?" He asks, seemingly out of breath while holding a hand over his heart, which is likely pounding rapidly in his chest. A mug of steaming hot coffee is held tightly by the handle with his other hand in order to keep it from slipping from his grip. I can only imagine the catastrophe it would've caused if it spilled all over his favorite, dark blue t-shirt. Gazing to my right into the kitchen, I spot my mother at the table gently rubbing her, probably throbbing, head.

"Oh, sorry. It's nothing really. It's just...really cold outside, so I kinda rushed." I give a forced toothy smile, which my father raises a brow to. He shrugs it off, though, lucky for me.

"Whatever you say." Dad goes back into the kitchen while sipping his drink, so I walk past and run up to my room. I'm sure to shut the door behind us before getting onto my knees and immediately setting up the board. Whiskers jumps onto the edge of the bed and gets comfortable while watching closely.

"Jack, you hear me?" I ask before patiently waiting for an answer. I rapidly tap my fingers against my knee for the next five minutes, while I wait for a response. My heart flutters when I feel a light tug on the planchette. When it leads me to the word 'YES', I almost squeal in happiness. "This is so great! We can talk all the time now!"

"Y/N, who are you talking to?" My mother asks from downstairs, making me jump in surprise and pale slightly.

'Uh oh. I didn't even notice how loud I was being.'