03 | Cold Autumn Nights

•Y/N: Your Name

—————————————————
__________________________________
Your POV:
__________________________________

—————————————————__________________________________Your POV:__________________________________

__________________________________

Blanketed in goosebumps, I let out a shiver against the breeze and rub at my arms in attempts to keep warm. When looking up at Jack, I don't find him as distressed by the cold night; rather, he was happily munching down on the candy he gathered, seeming to be in his own little heaven. If I recall correctly, the mausoleum was nice and warm, oddly enough, as if a fire was roaring in a cozy fireplace, though I don't recall having seen one in there.

"Jack, it's getting a little chilly out here. Mind if we go inside?" Teeth halfway sunken into a chocolate bar, the strange being gazed down at me with a hum before smiling and biting down on it completely with a soft crunch. The blonde then jumps down from the headstone, kneeling beside me with a hand outstretched.

"As the lady commands." He giggles as a smile unknowingly appeared on my lips as I placed my hand on his palm to be pulled up from the ground like a plucked flower. We're sure to pick up our candy and any wrappers before heading in. All was dark until the candles suddenly lit on their own, welcoming us in as Jack escorted me to the table, where not one thing was out of place.

All the food still looked delicious and fresh, as if it were just made only seconds ago, some even appearing steaming hot. While I debated the thought of choosing something to fill the plate in front of me, something soft was draped over my shoulders and wrapped around the front of me by the figure standing behind. It was a blanket made of felt in a light shade of orange printed with black bats. The very hands which placed it on me rubbed at the fabric over my arms to warm me faster, though the touch was actually very light and tender. Again, a smile touched my lips as I thanked him and took a corner of the blanket in my fist to pull it tighter to me. I could not tell if I was blushing or not, but the action certainly made my gut flutter. After giving me a final pat on the shoulder, Jack seats himself across on his extravagant throne.

"So, was that a fun night or what?" He asks, genuinely curious as he leaned forward on his elbows, his grinning face sitting atop his hands. I can't help but agree, nodding in response with a light smile of my own. Though the night was certainly strange, I did enjoy myself. My answer seems to excite him.

"I will say I had my doubts at first, but you're not so bad. Thank you for tonight. You're the first person who hasn't told me I'm too old for Halloween this year, so I really appreciate it," I admit sincerely, causing the boy to gasp loudly in offense.

    "Too old for— WHO IN THE WITCH'S CAULDRON TOLD YOU THAT?!" I flinched back at his fiery tone as the candles flared to match his rage, not expecting such a passionate response and looked down as I fiddled with my fingers under the table. His gaze softens as he leans back in his chair after realizing he had frightened me unintentionally, making it easier to answer him.