Maniac

•Y/N: Your Name
•E/C: Eye Color

—————————————————
__________________________________
Author's POV:
__________________________________

"Come on, Y/N! You're sitting with me!" Jack exclaims excitedly. A loud yelp of surprise sounds from Y/N's lips when she's scooped into the boy's arms and brought to the table of spooktacular goods. The teen is then dropped onto the throne chair identical to the King's, which sits beside his own, causing her to bounce on the plush, velvet cushion. Childishly, she sticks her tongue out at the mischievous spirit as he laughs and sits down in his own seat. Y/N's E/C eyes notice Nathan standing awkwardly by the table and realizes he has no place to sit. Leaning over to the blonde at her side, she tugs at his sleeve.

"Do you have a chair for him?" Nearly, the spirit pouts at her concern for the male's seating, but he keeps it from showing on his lips. He'd play nice for now regardless of his hate for the dark-haired teen.

'He doesn't deserve a chair to sit on. You're lucky I love you, Y/N.'

"I guess I can. I wasn't really expecting another guest." Jack snaps his fingers, causing a wooden chair with pumpkins and leaves carved into the top to manifest behind the human boy. Grinning, he makes a motion with his finger to bring the chair forward, scooping up the teen and dragging him to the table. Nathan grips the arms of the seat tightly, his body noticeably tense from the sudden action. The black-haired male peers behind him to see if someone had pushed him in only to find nothing but air. For some reason, that really unsettled him. Y/N had told him about Jack's magic powers before, but experiencing them for himself made him uneasy. The look on the boy's face made the Halloween King grin wider in satisfaction. He takes to ignoring the teen for now to focus on his beautiful queen.

"I love your dress, Y/N. Being a skeleton suits you." Waving his hand around, he makes a wine glass appear in his hand. He then magically lifts the bottle of sparkling cider to fill his cup.

"Thanks. I really like it. It was kind of expensive, though."

"Was it?" He mutters while taking a sip of his drink, his ruby gaze falling on the silent boy, who reaches out his hand to grab one of the delicious looking cookies off the table.

'That's it, you little girlfriend stealer. Take a bite.' Y/N was quick to spot the intense eye contact the blonde was making with her second friend and nearly gasped upon seeing a bat-shaped cookie about to touch Nathan's lips. Swiftly, she stands and leans over the table of food, surprising both of the males as she snatches the sweet from the teen's grip.

"Huh? What'd you do that for?!" Nathan pouts at the girl, feeling hungry. The food looks so good, so what is the problem? Y/N ignores him for the moment, though.

"This trick is really getting old, Jack," she claims while giving the spirit a serious look. Jack's innocent smile remains as she splits the cookie in two to reveal the ground up glass inside. Nathan pales when a larger shard falls out from the bat-shaped treat onto the floor. He gets up from his seat fast enough to knock the chair over.

"You were trying to kill me?!"

"He did this to me when we first met too." Y/N sighs, stating her words calmly, since she knew it was only one of Jack's pranks.

"It's funny. You just don't get it yet." Jack snaps his fingers to replace the dangerous food in a puff of white smoke, which makes Nathan jump. He was almost tempted to run out of the mausoleum, but the door is closed. For all he knows, it's locked, and, even if it's not, there's no way he's leaving without Y/N. The E/C-eyed girl picks up an orange frosted, chocolate cupcake with black sprinkles on it and holds it in front of the King's mouth.

"You gotta taste it first, mister." The spirit chuckles at his companion and leans forward to lick the frosting off the top before sinking his fanged teeth into the soft treat. He pulls back while chewing the cake before licking his crimson lips clear of crumbs.

"Satisfied, sweetie?" Y/N smiles and shakes her head at the childish creature before her, causing Nathan's brown eyes to narrow.

'How is she so calm about this?! He was going to kill us!'

"Y/n, can I talk to you for a sec," he says as calmly as possible, though, internally his stomach felt like it had twisted. How could she not see the danger of the person in front of her? Jack frowns when the boy goes around the table to snatch the girl's arm to pull her aside, so they can talk privately. The blonde sinks into his chair with narrowed eyes as his arms cross over his chest. Looking towards Whiskers, he finds the fuzzy feline too busy sticking his face into a pumpkin pie to notice the King's drama. He clears his throat at the cat, causing the animal to look up with pie covering his fur and whiskers.

"Lot of help you are," the spirit mutters as his frown deepens before he looks back to the chatting duo.

"Y/n, this guy is clearly a maniac," Nathan whispers harshly to his best friend, who merely sighs. She understands how it must look.

"He's just a little different, but, trust me, he's a nice guy. You've talked to him before, so you know that."

"Y/n, I have a bad feeling about this. I really think we should leave now."

"So soon?" Nathan jumps, and almost let out a scream upon hearing Jack's voice from behind him. Y/N looks to the spirit and finds a wide smile on his face. He always did love scaring people.

"At least eat up first. I only get one day a year to hang out with the living, so some company would be nice." He puts on his best puppy dog, begging face for Y/N, knowing she would be unable to resist his charm. The girl smiles and pats Nathan's shoulder to assure him they'd be fine. Jack isn't dangerous; in fact, she finds him really sweet.

"It's fine, really. You'll see." With that, she walks past the boys to sit at the table again. Jack internally grins, knowing he had stopped her from leaving. Nathan, on the other hand, he could care less for his company. The teen reminds him of the past guests that had been invited to his special party, who were all terrified children that never quite understood his humor. This is why he took to Y/N. She was wary at first, but after he saved her from those bullies, she seemed to understand that he was never going to actually hurt her. Nathan glares at Jack, figuring he has a darker plan in mind for the Halloween Queen, and pokes a finger at the blonde's chest.

"I'm on to you, Jack." With that, he walks back to the table, while an unnaturally wide grin appears on the Halloween King's lips.

'Are you, now? I hope you're ready for what's to come, Nathan.'