Green-Eyed Monster

__________________________________
Author's Note:
__________________________________

Happy Halloween, readers! I hope you're having a better time today than me. Sadly, my favorite holiday was ruined by a snow storm. That ain't stopping me for s***, though! At least we can all celebrate with this new chapter, right?

~Enjoy, my lovelies~

—————————————————

•Y/N: Your Name
•H/L: Hair Length
•H/C: Hair Color
•E/C: Eye Color
•S/C: Skin Color

—————————————————
__________________________________
Your POV:
__________________________________

I enter my bedroom with a happy smile on my face. I had just finished eating dinner at a restaurant with my family, and the food was pretty tasty. Now that my belly is full, and I have some free time before bed, I can finally contact Jack after what happened earlier when Nathan joined the conversation. I'm curious to know why he left so suddenly. Maybe he was just busy with something?

I didn't have time to talk to him any earlier, sadly. I had a lot of homework to deal with, but now that it's out of the way, I'm free to do whatever the hell I please. I unzip my backpack, which lies at the foot of my bed, and pull out the ouija board kept inside. I place it on the mattress, which is dressed in cream sheets with a peach-colored comforter on top. The pillows near the headboard hold the same colors, but some of the pillowcases have stripes on them. I sit between Whiskers and the board, awakening him from his light nap. The black feline yawns and stretches his front legs with his butt in the air before purring and relocating to on top of my lap. I smile down at the creature and scratch his back as he gets in a comfortable position before bringing my attention back to the spirit board. The cat's green eyes stare intently at the planchette when I place my hands on it.

"Hey, Jack, are you there?" I ask in a low voice so that neither of my parents will hear before waiting patiently for the king's answer for a few moments...

Uh... a few minutes...

Okay, a lot of minutes.

My brows scrunch together in confusion as I continue to wait with worry bubbling at my core.

'What's going on? He usually answers by now. Did the connection fail or something? Maybe I should call for him again just to make sure?'

"Jack? Come on, answer. This isn't funny," I plead, doing my best to contain my concern. I don't want to worry him if he can still hear me. Thankfully, I don't have to ask a third time, for I feel a slight pull on the planchette as it slowly drags to the word "YES". I sigh softly in relief, bowing my head slightly and closing my E/C eyes for a moment as I do so. A few H/L strands on my H/C hair dangle in front of my face, but they don't bother me much.

"Thank god. I thought something funky happened to the connection." I breathe out a laugh before the planchette begins to move again.

S R Y

"It's fine. I've been wondering why you left earlier today. I meant to ask you sooner, but I had too much homework to deal with. My teachers have been a pain in the ass all day with all these assignments," I joke with a light laugh at the end.

U   W E R E N T   L O O K I N G

My expression falls as I stare at the board for a few moments.