Epilogue: To the King and Queen of All Hallow's Eve

•Y/N: Your Name

—————————————————
__________________________________
Author's POV:
__________________________________

—————————————————__________________________________Author's POV:__________________________________

__________________________________

     Black, heeled boots clicked against dark cobblestone with a pep in each step, as an array of bright lights lit up the night, a chorus of joyous screams echoing through the streets as all those familiar fall scents and pleasantries graced all of her senses. To her right, she smiled to a tall, kitschy mascot costume of a black cat dressed in a sparkling, purple vest as it handed out orange balloons with jack-o-lantern faces to all who passed by it. Tipping it's hat, the false feline plucks one of the strings and hands it to the woman, receiving a small thank you in return before those heels continued down the path ahead, weaving through large crowds of people with ease as her free hand reached up to pet the furry beast laid out across her shoulders.

It wasn't easy, that much was certain. It took a lot of hard work and dedication, building and maintaining, but at last, after nine long years, an empire was created. There were some rough patches, of course. Many still preferred celebrating Halloween solely on the day of or just the month of October, but she stretched her claws out wide to draw in more and more crowds each year, adding more and more to build their spirits high, branching out to countries who had never even celebrated Halloween in the first place.

She drew them in by their curiosity, presenting them with an offer of a fun escape that everyone could enjoy, a new land of beauty and excitement with the most mouth-watering treats they have ever dreamed to taste. The biggest draw, however, seemed to be the price. The money never mattered, so long as there was enough made to keep everything running. The goal was to make the park accessible for everyone, so at the very least, admission was always free, food was always cheap, and there were always fun activities of no cost to the customer. What mattered to her most was that they kept their spirits high and stayed fully immersed in her world of Halloween. Bit by bit, her kingdom grew, but just one of the many parks truly held a special place in Y/N's heart. The very first of it's kind, residing in her own home town upon the old hill, where the old, creepy house remained.

It stands to be her most favorite place in the whole park, as in recent years, Jack had moved his portal to the manor. No longer was it used as a haunted house, though it's rickety exterior continued to be a looming presence over the land, a landmark that she had replicated in nearly every park, but none could ever compare, for inside held something most precious to her heart. The newly renovated doors made not a creak as Y/N pulled them open after turning the key in the lock, the handle shaped into a golden pumpkin with a grinning face. Barely stepping a foot inside, the resident of the home was already well aware of her entry, howling with excitement as he slid down the bannister, shouting at the top of his lungs.

"I feel so energized!!!" Without a single warning, the spirit jumped down in front of his queen and took her by the hands to twirl her around, dancing around the foyer making joyous sounds. "I feel it! This is the year I stay for all time!" Y/N gives a laugh and yelps as he leaned her body back in a shallow dip before nuzzling his nose to hers. "All thanks to you, my pretty pumpkin pie."