Eternal Halloween

•Y/N: Your Name
•E/C: Eye Color
•H/L: Hair Length

—————————————————
__________________________________
Author's POV:
__________________________________

When Jack spoke those three words, it took a moment for all of it to sink in, and, when it did, Y/N's eyes grew as wide as saucers in horror. Her hands grasp the front of his costume when she realizes what this means. The portals between their two worlds has shut, trapping her inside of a dimension she knows very little about.

"What do you mean it's past midnight?!" She exclaims before jumping off the spirit's lap and running towards the doors that lead out of the mausoleum. While Y/N panics, the Halloween Spirit remains seated on his throne with a look of pity etched into his ruby orbs. He did not mean for this to happen and knew her reaction was justified. He just lost track of time was all.

They were having so much fun. He thought for sure that there was plenty of time left before the portal would close. "Maybe your watch is a little fast?" She says aloud, hoping that it wasn't too late, as she hurriedly tugs at the golden door handles, expecting to find the dark cemetery full of old gravestones only to be met with a swirling, black vortex leading to nowhere. While covering her mouth, Y/N takes a step back in disbelief, her heart racing as though she had been witness to a gruesome murder. Her head filled with worries about what will happen now and all the things that had been left behind in the mortal realm: Nathan, her parents, school, and basically everything else too.

'What am I supposed to do?' She was stuck staring at the black void and lost touch with reality as such thoughts ran through her mind. Knowing he was the only one there to console his queen, Jack stands slowly from his chair and walks towards her.

"I'm so sorry, Y/N. I should've been checking the time. This is all my fault." Coming up from behind her, the blonde sets a gentle hand on the girl's shoulder, unsure if she was willing to be touched at the moment. His apologetic tone broke her out of her distressed thoughts, though, her body still trembles a little, which fills the king with sadness and guilt. He didn't like seeing her upset. He's supposed to make her happy, not sad.

"Are you sure there's no way back?" She asks softly, her panic fading at last. She has a feeling she knows the answer, however.

"Not till next year, I'm afraid," he mutters beside her ear, leaning forward to press against her back and wrap his arms around her shoulders. Her eyes refuse to stray from the large, double doors that reveal nothing but emptiness to her as she gives a slight sigh.

"My parents are going to think something happened to me, that I ran away, or worse, got hurt." Just the thought of their panicked faces made her heart wrench as tears built up in her eyes. Y/N gulps and shuts the E/C orbs to keep herself together as she leans further into Jack's loose grip. "And, then, there's Nathan. He already was suspicious of you. He'll think you did something to me after he left and will probably think that it was all his fault for leaving me there."

She turns her head to face the king, who bears a soft expression of shame on his face as he avoids her gaze and tightens his embrace. Likely, he expected to be scolded for not being careful, for tearing her away from her normal life, but, the fact is, her life was never normal to begin with, not since she met him. Faintly, a smile touched her lips, for, though she was upset, she was glad she wouldn't be alone. She turns around and wraps her arms around the male's neck before pulling him close and nuzzling against his neck and shoulder, filling the childish creature with surprise. A breath of relief unknowingly slips past his lips as they held each other.

"It's okay. I'm not mad or anything. I'm just... I'm a little scared to be honest." She releases a bitter laugh before looking up at him with a kind smile that makes his heart throb. She holds his face between her hands and gifts him with a small peck on the lips. "Hey, don't worry about it. I wanted to stay with you longer, and, now, I guess I can. Sure, I would've liked my parents to know not to worry about me or anything, but I really did mean what I said. I'd rather be here with you than surrounded by normies." At that, a smile grew on Jack's face. He was glad she wasn't mad at him, that she wants to stay with him. Wanting to escape the depressing mood, he parts from his beloved party guest and grins like a maniac.