Holiday History

•Y/N: Your Name
•E/C: Eye Color
•H/C: Hair Color

—————————————————
__________________________________
Author's POV:
__________________________________

A bright, ruby red blush dyes Y/N's cheeks as Jack pulls away from the loving kiss he had placed on her crimson lips. Her makeup had faintly painted his own mouth the same color, but that doesn't bother him. The stunned look on her features had to have been the most breathtaking thing he had seen all night. His lips had been warm and were as soft as rose petals, leaving a faint tingle on hers. The sensation was magnificent.

"Well?" The king asks with a wide smirk, awaiting his queen's first words that'll describe his long awaited surprise. It took a moment for her to break out of her buzzing thoughts, but, when she did, a happy smile came to her face.

"It was fun. Exhausting, but fun, kinda like you." Y/N gives a goofy grin to match his, while Jack releases a dramatic gasp as he places a hand over his heart.

"I hope you don't mean moi."

She chuckles at his antics before resting her head against the male's chest as they sway to the next song the band plays, her E/C orbs concealed by her eyelids. This night felt better than the last ones, more special, and she silently wishes it will never end. Y/N fears that when she opens her eyes, she'll be back in bed and the calendar will read November first, that the man in her arms will be gone for yet another year. She knows the time is ticking and that soon enough those nightmares will become reality yet again. That was always the worst part of the night, leaving behind the magic Jack creates to spice up life and not being able to see him for another 365 days.

"I wish I could spend more time with you doing incredible stuff like this. Normal people suck," she mutters against the fabric of his costume, tugging at his heartstrings a little.

"I would like that too." Jack gives a soft sigh before holding her tighter in his arms. A smile comes to her lips as she looks up to meet his bright eyes.

"You're the best thing to ever happen to me, you know that?"

He smiles back at her before leaning in to kiss the tip of her nose, surprising his queen and returning her face to a reddish hue.

"And, you're the best thing in the whole world, even over Halloween," he whispers back to her with his warm breath blowing against the shell of her ear. When he pulls back some, he gives her a wink that causes a small laugh to come out of her mouth, but the joyful expression fades as he pulls out his pocket watch to check the time. Jack quickly notices the look and instinctively acts to make her feel better again.

"Let's head for the afterparty. This scene is dead anyway." The spirit laughs at his own pun, knowing a majority of the monsters dancing in the room with them are undead. Wanting to spend as much time as possible with the Halloween King, she nods her head. Moments later, the melody of the song playing picks up its pace, while Jack tightly grasps her hands.

The two dance their way over to one of the large windows that push open with a gust of magical wind. The blonde jumps onto the windowsill before pulling up his companion and whistling loudly. Whiskers rushes past all the party guest's feet to reach them as a shadow zooms through the night past the towering trees and massive fence of the property. The object stops just outside the manor, while Y/N is scooped up into Jack's arms. The girl looks down and finds a floating broomstick at their feet and realizes what the spirit has in mind for transportation. Without hesitation, she wraps her arms around the male as he and the black feline step onto the wooden handle before the magical contraption takes off.