Buzzkill

•Y/N: Your Name
•H/L: Hair Length
•E/C: Eye Color

—————————————————
__________________________________
Author's POV:
__________________________________

"Trick or treat!
Smell my feet!
Give me something good to eat," Jack sings while skipping in front of the two humans behind him before laughing psychotically to himself. The blonde twirls around with a childish grin on his lips that makes Y/N smile. Nathan, on the other hand, internally groans at the spirit's antics, still nervous about this whole situation. "Come on, slow pokes! If we don't hurry, all the candy will be gone; not to mention, we gotta make time for my special surprise afterwards."

"What kind of surprise is it?" Y/N asks, causing the blonde to grin wider.

"Now, now, Sweetie," He starts while jumping in front of the H/L-haired girl with a nearly evil smirk that made Nathan's stomach churn, "surprises are surprises for a reason. You know that." He giggles before being separated by the human boy's arm, which makes him frown.

"That house there looks like it'd have good candy," the black-haired teen voices in order to distract the Halloween King from getting any closer to his friend, and, to his surprise, the blonde took the bait. Ruby eyes sparkle like precious stones as Jack turns his gaze to the large house at the end of the street. Darn his childish nature.

"Sweet Jesus, I think you're right! Let's go!" He shouts before running towards the house and pulling his scary mask over his head. Whiskers runs after the male excitedly like a loyal dog, which is funny, considering he's a cat. Nathan breathes out a sigh of relief, which Y/N quickly notices. She tilts her head to look at the boy with a frown on her lips.

"Come on, really?"

"He makes me nervous. I still think we should ditch him or something." Y/N was quick to respond by slapping her friend behind his head. "Ow!"

"Don't even think about it! He doesn't have much time to spend here, and I don't want him spending Halloween alone. It's just one night, don't worry. I'll look out for you if you're that worried," she assures while placing a hand on his shoulder which slumps slightly.

"I'm not worried for me. I'm concerned about-"

"Y/N! Look at this! They're giving out full size Hersey bars!" Jack shouts while wrapping his arms around the female's neck in a hugging fashion while waving around the big chocolate bar in front of her face. The E/C-eyed girl giggles at the male's antics and looks up at him.

"Guess we should hurry over there, then. Come on, Nathan." Y/N takes the King's hand, and they both run to the house that Nathan had pointed to earlier, causing the boy to sigh as he's left behind.

'Can't you see I'm just trying to help?' He shakes his head and follows after them, but doesn't go up to the door as Y/N gets her treat from the lady who opened the door. She runs up to the boy with a smile on her face that makes his heart flutter.

"What are you doing all the way over here? Go get some candy. Jack wasn't joking." She smiles while looking at the first candy put in her purple bucket: a full size chocolate bar to match the King's. The Halloween Spirit smiles while wrapping his arm around the girl's shoulders and pressing his cheek against hers just to get the other male angry. It worked.

"Of course! I never joke about candy."

"It's fine. I'm not really into trick-or-treating anymore. It makes me feel awkward." At that, the King frowns with a dark cloud forming over his red eyes, while Y/N makes a face in disappointment.

"Oh, come on! It'll be fun. We're in a group and being in a group makes it feel so much better," she urges in hopes that he'll change his mind. Nathan smiles, but shakes his head "no".

"It's okay, really. I don't eat much candy anyway."

"Oh, all right, then," she says, dejectedly. Y/N knew to stop. Pushing him to do something he doesn't want to do is rude. It's like how people expect her to stop trick-or-treating because of her age and force the thought upon her. She doesn't want to force him to do it with her. She understands.

"Let's keep going," Jack suggests, breaking the tension, and, so, they head to the next house. The two get their snacks, while Nathan hangs back, completely content with just watching them go door to door. The King, however, was livid by what the boy had said, so before the went to the next place, he says, "Go on ahead, Y/N. I gotta tie my laces," he excuses, using magic to untie the knot on his brown boot. The girl nods after seeing the untied lace and carries on, but before Nathan could follow her, Jack snatches his arm in a firm grip. The teen looks up at him and finds the cheerful smile replaced by a far more frightening look. Jack's lips had formed a thin line while his glowing, red eyes narrow, and his nose scrunches slightly in anger.

"What's the deal? Is trick-or-treating too good for you?" He asks in a lowered, more threatening tone that makes Nathan pale as he rips away his arm and takes some steps back to distance himself.

"What? No, I just think I'm a little old for it, that's all."

Wrong answer.

Jack's eyes burn with rage as he marches up to the boy to prod his chest with his finger.

"Get your ass to a door, have the best goddamn night while it lasts, and don't you ever, and I mean ever make Y/N sad like that again, got it?" He growls, all joyfulness wiped from his voice. He looks like a tiger ready to pounce on his next meal, and that caused Nathan to tremble. Gulping, the black-haired teen frantically nods his head.

'He's so much worse than I thought. I gotta get us away from him somehow. How will I convince Y/N?' He wonders as Jack smiles sweetly, oblivious to the human's worry-filled thoughts.

"Glad to have this talk with you, bud." The King turns away before letting the smile on his face drop and huffs before running towards his Queen, who's already at the next house.

"Guess who fixed captain buzz kill!?" He shouts with a wide smile as he pounces onto the girl's back. She can't hold back her laugh as she looks back to find Nathan walking towards the door she stands in front of. She notices how his legs tremble as he makes his way up the cement stairs with a frightened expression on his face. She laughs softly at him.

"Did he give you a tough talking to or something?"

Before he could respond, Jack sends the boy a look from behind Y/N that told him something bad was going to happen if he snitched. This leads to Nathan giving a gulp and forcing a smile upon his lips.

"It looked like you guys were having a lot of fun, so I figured I'd join. Like you said, I should feel better in a group."

Y/N smiles happily, glad that her other friend would join them, while Jack was left satisfied by his answer. The spirit rings the doorbell to alert the people inside of their visitors before pulling on his mask. Shakily, Nathan covers his own face with his brother's plastic, Jason mask. Jack and Y/N both say trick-or-treat in unison the second the door opens, while Nathan felt a stronger desire to leave, but he couldn't. Y/N would be in danger with Jack, and he doesn't want that.

He loves her too much to let some supernatural being take advantage of her in some form or another. He doesn't trust the blonde at all. Jack was glad he hadn't frightened the boy to run away yet, however, as badly as he wished for the boy to piss his pants and run home crying to his mama. He has something bigger in store for the cautious teenager. He has a surefire way to get rid of the tagalong and get on with his big plans for tonight's entertainment.

It's gonna be a blast.