Uninvited Guest

•Y/N: Your Name
•E/C: Eye Color

—————————————————
__________________________________
Your POV:
__________________________________

R u almost here?

Just a minute away. Hold up, crazy lady 😜

I giggle at the text Nathan sent me on his phone and set my own aside before going into the bathroom to make sure every part of my costume is perfect. This year, I've decided to go as a skeleton woman. I found this amazing dress online and couldn't resist buying it. I just knew it'd be perfect for Halloween. To go along with the outfit, I painted half of my face to resemble a skull with black markings. It took a ton of tutorials, but damn, did it turn out great! I almost jump upon hearing the doorbell ring and smile widely as I race downstairs to answer the door.

"I'll get it!" I shout to my parents, who are likely getting ready themselves for the annual Halloween party they go to. I practically throw open the door to greet Nathan only to frown when I see him dressed regularly in a black t-shirt with an unbuttoned, black and orange, plaid shirt over it and blue jeans with black sneakers. I cross my arms and lean against the doorframe, not pleased with his attire. "I thought I told you to wear a costume?" The black-haired teen chuckles and rubs the back of his neck with an apologetic smile on his lips.

"I'm not really into the whole dressing up thing, so I just stole my brother's Jason mask from last year." He holds up the piece of plastic held in his hand to show me the white, hockey mask with holes in it. It looks pretty cheap, so I can't help but shake my head at the boy. He attempts to change the subject, though, by complimenting me. "You look really nice, though. Very spoopy."

"Thanks." I roll my eyes at the boy with a smile before adding, "I really hope Jack will like it." My grin widens a touch when I think of the blonde. We got so lucky to have Halloween on a Saturday this time, so I get to go to the cemetery early this year, which means more time with the eccentric, red-eyed male. Ever since the day he confessed to me, I always got jittery whenever I talked to or thought about him, well, more than usual, anyway. Our talks on the ouija board got longer as the days progressed to the point where I'd actually skip out on sleeping some nights. I never minded, though. He's so sweet to me. Nathan frowns a bit when I mention Jack, however. I never told him about the relationship we formed, knowing he'd find it odd, especially since he's never met the Halloween King before. It'll be nice to no longer keep the secret after today, though, I hope Jack will like him as much as I do.

"Meow." We both look down at Whiskers, who paws at the skirt of my dress with my purple, candy bucket in his mouth. I can't help but giggle at the black feline as I crouch down to take the plastic container from him before petting the cat's back.

"Y/N, I know you keep talking about Jack, but-"

"You're gonna love him," I say to cut him off while picking up Whiskers in my arms. I know he's still skeptical about the whole thing, and I don't blame him. The whole situation is strange. I mean: magical, Halloween King that can only be seen once a year? It's a little far fetched. "Not gonna lie, he can be a bit much at first, but he grows on you quick." Nathan sighs, knowing he'll get nowhere, as I step outside and close the door behind me. I'm ready to go and have everything I need. There's no point in wasting time inside the house when I could be hanging out with Jack. "Come on, let's go. He only gets one day to hang out with us, after all," I say while walking past him and towards the local cemetery, expecting the teen to follow.

"Right," the boy mutters before rushing to my side as I release Whiskers to allow the cat to walk alongside us on his own. As we stroll down the pavement, Nathan's body purposely knocks into mine before standing straight with a smirk on his lips. I narrow my eyes with a grin and nudge him back harder. He laughs while stumbling over his feet, nearly falling into the street.