Contact

__________________________________
Author's Note:
__________________________________

Okay, so I'm super mad right now. I typed up not one, not two, but three chapters that were ready to be published on Halloween. A few days ago, I came to edit them and found out that all three had disappeared! I only had enough time to make this chapter, and what makes me really upset is that I don't remember what I wrote for the other two chapters, so I can't just write them again. So, with that little rant out of the way, I'd like to wish you all a happy Halloween. I hope you're all enjoying spooky season as much as I am.

~Now, on with the story~

—————————————————

•Y/N: Your Name
•H/C: Hair Color
•E/C: Eye Color

—————————————————
__________________________________
Your POV:
__________________________________

A soft groan escapes my lips in annoyance when I feel the morning rays of light shine through my windows and onto my sleeping face, or what was my sleepy face. Now, I'm just tired and aggravated. I roll over onto my other side to escape the sun only to run over the tail of my feline companion, who had been asleep until I rudely woke him up. The piercing yowl that escaped the creature's mouth was enough to get me to shoot up with my heart pounding heavily in my chest. Sighing, I push back my messy, H/C hair. As I look around, my lips turn into a frown upon realizing what the morning means. Halloween is finished, so today is the first of November, therefore, Jack will be gone for another year before I get to talk to him again. I feel a sharp pang in my heart after that sinks in. Upon noticing something is balled up in my clenched hand, I open it up to reveal a crumpled note. After unwrapping the parchment, I read the message left to me.

'Morning, sweetie!

  So sorry to leave you like this, but you just look so cute while you're sleeping. I couldn't possibly wake you. I wish I could stay with you longer, I really do. You can bet I'll be counting the days until next Halloween when we can see each other again. I'll miss you, my queen. Don't be sad though, okay? I'll be waiting for you to join the party. Maybe next time we can bob for apples? Wow...I haven't even left your side yet, and I'm already missing you.

Promise to remember me, okay?

Love,
Your Pumpkin.'

Something wet leaks down my cheek and onto the paper as a watery smile comes to my lips. I wipe my teary eyes with a light sniffle as my heart once again clenches in pain. My E/C eyes kept reading the message over and over again, hoping to gain comfort from it, but it still hurts knowing I'll not see him for such a long time. It was hard enough the first year, but now I got even more emotionally attached to the Halloween King. I do like that he remembered the nickname I gave him last year when we parted ways, though; how I referred to him as pumpkin after he labeled me sweetie. I think it's cute. I bite my bottom lip to prevent a small sob from escaping as more tears form in my, now reddened, eyes.

I have to be alone again,

Without him,

Without his jokes,

Without his cute, but perverted actions.