My beloved summer 4

Chapter 4
Still with you

Does Jimin wearing my necklace mean that I meant something to him? I remember the day I had given it to him. Back then Jimin was standing up touching the beautiful raindrop pendant as if he was longing for something.

His eyes were curious, searching for an unknown thing."Are you sure of giving me this?" he had asked when he looked at my gift for him, wrapped up in a gold and silver gift wrapper.

His eyes after all these years still remind me of the same curious eyes he had asked the question with.

He covered the necklace under his shirt as if protecting it while he was the one who had destroyed it.

It was one of the days when Busan was covered in dark clouds and rain was pouring like the clouds were in pain.

I was sitting in the lounge of the hotel drinking a warm tea as I was enjoying the music of the raindrops. A cough distracted me from my blissful world, a particularly short guy was looking at me with so much amusement.

"You look beautiful when you enjoy what you like", he said while his cheeks were painted with cherry pink colors.

"You always look beautiful Jimin," I complimented him, so I was rewarded with his beautiful smile.

"Jungookie, why do you like music so much?" he asked while sitting down with the tea he had brought.

"My mom loved music a lot and she was a very good singer and pianist. When I was in middle school she had passed away, so I am immersed in music to feel at least a little bit closer to her."

He nodded and scooted towards me, taking my hand into his palms. "Have you made any music on your own," he asked with curiosity.

I nodded.

"Can you play it for me?" his voice was dripping with hopefulness.

"I can't play it here, would you mind coming with me to my room."

He nodded again reminding me of how beautiful he looked last night with fluffy hair and puffy lips under the moonlight.

While we were walking to my room I started to feel insecure about my music. Was it good enough?
Still Jimin's beautiful smile was giving me courage, so  when we entered I asked him to sit down and then played the draft of my recent work which was inspired by none other than him.

'That faint voice of yours that grazed me
Please call my name one more time
I'm standing still under the frozen light, but
I will walk towards you, step by step
Still with you......'

As the song played, he looked so enchanted with the music. "Jungkookie, it is really beautiful, it is literally a gift to my ears," he said enthusiastically.

"So where is my return gift," I asked teasingly, scooping closer to feel his body warmth bringing goosebumps to my system.

"What do you want?" Asked Jimin, avoiding my gaze.

"A date with you," I whispered, tracing my fingers over his knuckles.

With my question his cheeks turned red, and boy, he was cute as hell when he nodded shyly.

"And Jungkookie she would have been so proud of you today," he said sincerely as we were sitting there on my bed, holding hands while watching the rain falling down behind the huge window.

I have always loved my parents and losing my mom literally killed me, but the music helped even when the person who held my hand left me, the music stayed.

The first date I asked him for, maybe it will be our beginning or maybe not...

💜