005. close encounters

ೃ༄ now playing

ೃ༄ now playing...

― season one, episode five;
CLOSE ENCOUNTERS

0:00 |───────── 13:45
▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100 %

3271 words

━━

*.✧ 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄 ✧.*

Ring, ring, ring.

I padded across my soft bedroom carpet over to the phone that sat on my dresser. I picked it up and held it to my ear.

"The last place that Barb was seen was at Steve's with me, right?"

"Hello to you too, Nancy." I scoffed.

"This is serious, Belle." Nancy's tone made my taunting smile falter.

"You were the last person to see her so if you two were at Steve's, then yes, that's where she was seen last." I said, taking a seat on my floor, starting to pull at the fluffy rug beneath me, nervously.

"Okay, so maybe there's something there. A hint or a clue of some kind!"

"Nancy, this isn't a mystery novel, this is real life. I doubt Barb would think to leave any clues while she was being kidnapped." I told her.

"I think that we owe it to Barb to at least check." Nancy's words tugged at my heart strings and I sighed.

Even if I said no, Nancy would surely still go off on her own. And if there really was some serial kidnapper on the loose, there would definitely be strength in numbers.

"I think it's a terrible idea and I don't think we'll find anything..." My voice trailed off.

"But?"

"But, they can't take both of us. When are we doing this?"

━━

I was playing with my fingers in the passenger seat as Nancy pulled off to the side of the road. I looked out the front windshield to see Barb's car parked just up the street. My heart sank as reality set in.

Barb really was gone. There's no way that she would leave her car if something bad didn't happen to her.

Nancy put the car into park and I looked over at her. She had this look of determination on her face, staring straight ahead.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked.

"Positive." Nancy turned her back to me, opening the door and climbing out of the car. I took a deep breath in an attempt to calm my nerves before getting out myself.

We walked up to Barb's car, the dried leaves crunching beneath our feet. Nancy peered into the car before sighing frustratedly.

"Nothing," She breathed.