027. indiana flyer

ೃ༄ now playing

ೃ༄ now playing...

― season three, episode three;
INDIANA FLYER

0:00 ───|────── 40:57
▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100 %

5317 words

*.✧ 𝐂𝐇𝐋𝐎𝐄 ✧.*

"Can't you drive any faster?" Dustin demanded from the passenger seat of my car.

"Why are you in such a hurry anyways?" I asked, maintaining the same speed.

Dustin sighed. "Because, Mike said that it was an emergency. Would you just drive already?"

"Fine." I scoffed, pressing down on the gas pedal slightly harder.

After about five more minutes, which was still too long for Dustin, we pulled up to the Wheeler's house. Dustin was opening the car door and jumping out before I had even parked. He ran up to the front door and rang the doorbell an obnoxious six times in a row. I was able to climb out, lock my car and walk over to him, taking my place behind him.

"What are you doing?" He hissed, still stressed.

I shrugged. "I wanna say hi."

He rolled his eyes at me and went to ring the doorbell yet again, but before he could touch the button, the lock turned on the door and it swung open, revealing Mrs. Wheeler standing in the doorway.

"They're in the basement." She tried to tell Dustin, but he was already brushing past her.

"I know!" He called over his shoulder. He rounded a corner, disappearing out of our sight. Mrs. Wheeler watched him go before she turned back to me. "Hm." She shrugged off Dustin's strange behavior. "You're Chloe, right?"

"Yes ma'am." I smiled politely.

She gave me a soft smile. "I haven't seen you in years, you're so grown up! I hardly recognized you, but how could I forget those curls?"

I shifted uncomfortably, and Mrs. Wheeler stepped out of the way. "Come in." She motioned for me to enter, and I did. She shut and locked the door behind me before hurrying into the kitchen.

"I made brownies if you'd like some." She called to me.

Bending down the untie my shoelaces, I opened my mouth to answer, but before I could say anything, the door that led down the basement was flung open, and the group of four young boys burst out, all talking loudly. They went right into the kitchen, not paying me any mind.

"He's literally insane!" Mike exclaimed.

I watched him grab the entire tray of brownies from the counter and walk off with it, the other boys on his heels. "Micheal!" His mom yelled after him, but he ignored her. Dustin, Mike and Lucas went into the living room, but Will hung back in the kitchen for a moment.