012. friendship bracelets

ೃ༄ now playing

ೃ༄ now playing...

― season one, episode twelve;
FRIENDSHIP BRACELETS
[ the finale! ]

0:00 |───────── 13:22
▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100 %

3178 words

━━

*.✧ 𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐋𝐄𝐘 ✧.*

I was staring at the hospital room floor, anxiously waiting, counting every last crumb and speck of dust on the tiles. My mom was clutching my hand so tightly, I thought that my fingers were going to break.

Hopper and Mom had found Will in the Upside Down and brought him back, where he was currently hooked up to a ton of machines and asleep. We were waiting for him to wake up, Mom, Jonathan and I, right beside his bed. But I couldn't bear to look at him yet, not while he was like this, it hurt too much.

I heard Mom gasp and I looked up quickly to see that Will was opening his eyes. My heart skipped a beat from excitement and I felt tears pricking the corners of my eyes.

"Hi, sweetheart!" Mom whispered.

"Where..." Will's voice was weak and quiet. "Where am I?"

Mom sighed and reached out to push his hair out of his face. Jonathan grabbed Will's hand whilst I leaned back in my chair, throwing my head back as the tears of relief started to stream down my face.

"You're home. You're safe." Jonathan told him.

I looked back down at Will to see him furrow his brows together as he looked at Jonathan's bandaged hand.

"Are you okay?" He asked sweetly.

Jonathan scoffed. "This? This is just a scratch, it's nothing. You're worried about my hand?"

Mom, Jonathan and I exchanged a glance before we all started to laugh through our tears. Jonathan grabbed the care package that he and I had spent all night making and put it on the bed so Will could see it.

"We brought you some stuff," I finally spoke up, my voice trembling as I tried to fight my tears. "So you don't get bored in here."

Jonathan reached inside the box and pulled out a cassette tape and held it out to Will, who took it. "I made you a new mixtape." Jonathan told him.

"I brought your sketchbook." I took it out of the box as well, showing him. "And I bought you some new crayons. I thought maybe we could draw together at some point, if you're gonna be here for a while."

A smile overtook Will's face. "Yeah! I'd like that!" He said eagerly.

This made my heart swell. I was so happy that he was okay.