022. the mind flayer

ೃ༄ now playing

ೃ༄ now playing...

― season two, episode ten ;
THE MIND FLAYER

0:00 ───|────── 25:07
▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100 %

3344 words

━━

*.✧ 𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐋𝐄𝐘 ✧.*

The silence hung over us like a weighted blanket until Mike broke it, "We can't let them die in vain."

"What?" I asked.

"Belle and Bob." Mike explained. "We can't let them die in vain."

My heart sunk at the mention of Belle.

"What do you want to do, Mike?" Dustin sighed. "The chief is right, we can't stop those Demo-dogs on our own."

"Demo-dogs?" Max raised a brow.

Dustin held up one hand, "Demogorgon." He raised his other, "Dogs." He brought his hand together to show the combination. "Demo-dogs. It's like a compound. Like, a play on words-"

"Okay!" Max exclaimed, cutting him off.

Dustin sighed and looked down at the table. "I mean," he changed the subject. "When it was just Dart, maybe."

"But there's an army now." Lucas finished Dustin's sentence.

"Precisely." Dustin nodded at Lucas.

"His army." Mike was staring at the floor, and I could tell that he was formulating a plan.

"What do you mean?" Steve was confused.

"His army!" Mike repeated. "Maybe if we stop him, we can stop his army, too."

Everybody exchanged a glance, still seeming lost. But not me. I was starting to realize what Mike was saying. He ran off into Will's room, returning with the drawing of the Shadow Monster.

"The shadow monster?" Dustin asked, taking a long look at the picture.

"It got Will that day on the field. The doctor said it was like a virus, it infected him." Mike explained.

"And so this virus, it's connecting him to the tunnels?" Max asked.

"To the tunnels, monsters, the Upside Down, everything." Mike emphasized.

"The hive mind." I breathed.

"Slow down!" Steve motioned for us to stop talking. He pointed to me, "What is happening?"

I sighed. "Okay, so, the shadow monster is inside everything that's from or connected to the Upside Down in any way. It's a hive mind. If the vines feel something like pain, Will does too. And so would the Demo-dogs."