007. flea on a tightrope

ೃ༄ now playing

ೃ༄ now playing...

― season one, episode seven;
FLEA ON A TIGHTROPE

0:00 |───────── 19:01
▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100 %

4617 words

━━

*.✧ 𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐋𝐄𝐘 ✧.*

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘

I shifted uncomfortably, standing next to Dad, Mom and Jonathan. We were outside the funeral reception building as the other guests entered, allowing them to stop and talk to us before they went in for refreshments. The wind was blowing and the air was warm and sticky. My fingers played with the hem of my black dress as my eyes darted around, looking for Mike.

Finally, I spotted him and we locked eyes as his family stepped inside. I pushed away from my family, dodging Dad's attempts to grab me and I slipped inside.

I sat down at an empty table, and waited a moment before Mike, Lucas and Dustin came up and sat around me.

"We have an idea." Mike stated.

"Do tell." I replied, resting my fingers in my lap under the table and picking at the skin around my nail beds.

"We're gonna ask Mr. Clarke about alternate dimensions." Dustin butt in.

"What? Are you crazy? You guys can't do that!" I exclaimed, speaking through gritted teeth, trying to keep my voice down.

"We're gonna spare him the details, but we feel like he'd be the most helpful." Mike told me.

I sighed. "You're right," I looked up and saw the science teacher entering the room. "Go get him, boys."

The three stood up and walked right up to Mr. Clarke at the food table.I watched as they talked with him and eventually all of them came back over to me.

Mr. Clarke gave me a bright smile. "Ashley! It's so great to see you again. I've missed having you in my class. Although I wish it were under better circumstances. I'm very sorry about Will. It's devastating."

"Yeah, it is." I said sadly.

"Mr. Clarke?" Mike interrupted the moment. "We had a few science related questions for you."

"Are you sure that's appropriate?" Mr. Clarke furrowed his brow.

"It's fine." I reassured him. "I actually had some questions myself."

"Well, okay then." Mr. Clarke sat down across from me. "What do you want to know?"

The boys hurriedly sat down. "So you know how in Cosmos, Carl Sagan talks about other dimensions? Like, beyond our world?" Mike asked.