028. the case of the missing lifeguard

ೃ༄ now playing

ೃ༄ now playing...

― season three, episode four;
THE CASE OF THE MISSING LIFEGUARD

0:00 ───|────── 39:15
▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100 %

5068 words

*.✧ 𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐋𝐄𝐘 ✧.*

El and Max had the brilliant idea to use El's powers to spy on people. I thought that it was totally unethical, so I was sitting in the corner of the room, painting my nails while the girls spun a bottle to decide their next victim.

"I can't believe we're doing this!" Max breathed.

"Yeah." El giggled.

"I can't either!" I spoke, not looking up at them, keeping my focusing on not smudging my wet nails. "It's an invasion of privacy."

Max scoffed. "Do you ever have any fun, Ashley?"

This made my head snap up. "Excuse me?"

"You know, fun?" She repeated, raising her eyebrows at me. "You seem a little...uptight."

"What makes you say that?"

"Well, your disapproval of El using her powers to mess around." She said. "She doesn't have to be fighting bad guys all the time. Let her have a little fun."

"Okay, that is not what I'm upset about." I defended myself. "I just think that spying on people when they have no idea is a little weird, that's all."

El's shoulders slumped. "Maybe Ashley's right."

Max grabbed the empty, glass Coke bottle from the bed, shaking her head at us both. "Come on, guys. What's the worst that could happen?"

"Somebody could be naked." I said.

"Gross." Max shot me a look.

I shrugged. "You asked."

Ignoring me, Max spun the bottle against the little board that the girls had made. It had names of some people that they wanted to spy on. Scraping against the cardboard as it slowed, the bottle pointed to...

...Ms. Byers.

I gasped and dropped the bottle of nail polish onto the floor, and luckily the lid was on. I jumped to my feet, snatching up the bottle from the bed as the girls giggled at me.

"Do not spy on my mom!" I exclaimed.

Max reached to take the bottle back, but I raised it above my head so she couldn't get it. "We won't!" She told me. "Just...let us spin again."

I huffed and handed her the glass bottle back. "Fine." I took a seat across from them on the bed. "But now I have to supervise you two."

Max rolled her eyes at me as she set the board back up. "Just admit that you want to join in."