030. the sauna test

ೃ༄ now playing

ೃ༄ now playing...

― season three, episode six;
SAUNA TEST

0:00 ───|────── 41:55
▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100 %

5406 words

*.✧ 𝐂𝐇𝐋𝐎𝐄 ✧.*

I had both of my hands on one leg of the ladder, while Steve held the other side, supporting the wobbly steps as Erica Sinclair balanced on the top. She raised the flashlight that we had given her, turning it on to get a better look down the air vent. "Yeah, I don't know."

"You don't know if you can fit?" Dustin asked.

"Oh, I can fit." Erica snorted. "I just don't know if I want to."

Robin shook her head quickly. "Are you claustrophobic?"

Erica climbed down off the ladder, allowing Steve and I to let go of the sides. "I don't have phobias." She laughed at the very suggestion that she would be afraid of anything.

"Okay," Steve took his shot at reasoning with her. "Well, what's the problem?"

"The problem is," She explained. "I still haven't heard what's in this for Erica."

Steve chewed on his lip for a moment. "Go sit at a table out there, would you? All of you? I have an idea."

All of us filed out of the storage room, and while Robin, Dustin and Erica pushed back the gate into the seating area of the shop, I hung back with Steve behind the counter.

"What are you doing?" I whispered.

"The little shit likes free ice cream, right?" He took his ice cream scoop out of his pocket, spinning it around in his palm. "Well, I'll give her free ice cream."

I watched as he grabbed the largest container that Scoops Ahoy had to offer and made a giant banana split, piled high with almost every topping from the buffet. I sighed, "Oh brother." Then, I made my way over to the table where Robin, Dustin and Erica were waiting for Steve's little bribing gift.

"What's the sailor man doing?" Erica asked me once I had sat down.

"You'll see." was all I could bring myself to say. We were being humiliated by a child. But hey, I was just as scared of her as everybody else was, so I wasn't going to say anything.

Steve joined us shortly, setting the banana split deluxe down and sliding it across the tabletop to Erica. She threw her head back and laughed right in his face. "You think a measly banana split is going to get me to help you?"

"That's exactly what I was thinking actually, yeah." Steve raised an eyebrow at her.

Erica leaned forwards on the table, interlocking her fingers. "I want three free bowls; one chocolate, one vanilla and one strawberry, all with sprinkles and fudge." She ordered. "This banana split but with triple the whipped cream and hot fudge. Add a mint chocolate shake and three waffle cones, two of which are french vanilla and the other is-"