026. suzie, do you copy?

ೃ༄ now playing

ೃ༄ now playing...

― season three, episode two;
SUZIE, DO YOU COPY?

0:00 ───|────── 40:02
▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100 %

5208 words

*.✧ 𝐂𝐇𝐋𝐎𝐄 ✧.*

I could feel the heat radiating off of the pavement underneath my sandals as I walked through the parking lot, towards the entrance to The Starcourt Mall. I couldn't help but feel nervous, the butterflies dancing around in my stomach. It had been a while since I had gone out, the last place I had gone was school back in Indianapolis.

The doors opened automatically for me and a rush of wind from the overhead air conditioners smacked me right in the face. I looked all around, walking further into the mall. There were two floors in the large building, with dozens of shops littering every wall. The neon signs and flashing lights on all sides were making it hard for me to focus on one place to look. 

I took to inspecting the food court, suddenly feeling peckish. None of the restaurants sounded good, and I frowned as I read all the signs, nothing calling to me.

The mall was crowded, and people were walking all around me as I just stood there, pondering what to do. I turned around and that's when I spotted a small ice cream parlor across the room. Scoops Ahoy, the sign read.

Now, I love ice cream, but that's not what caught my eye about the little shop. It was the fact that, there, behind the counter, was none other than Robin Buckley.

I hurried to the other side of the mall, having to push past people, but I was way too eager to care. "Robin?" My voice came out in a high pitch as the excitement bubbled up inside me.

Robin snapped her head up from staring down at the cash register, her eyes going wide when she saw me. "Chloe?"

We just stared at each for a moment, frozen in shock. Then, I burst out with an exciting squeal and Robin's face broke out in a grin. She pushed out of the small gate that led to the work station, running up to me and throwing her arms around me.

I squeezed her tightly, the both of us laughing from joy and shock. Robin pulled back, keeping her hands on my upper arms. "What are you doing here?"

"It's kind of a long story." I giggled, wondering how I was going to sum it up into a short explanation.

Robin raised an eyebrow at me. "Tell me the abridged version."

I chewed in my lip, fighting my smile. I had been waiting years for this moment, dreaming about the day that I would finally be back in Hawkins, and I would get to tell Robin. I couldn't fight it any longer, so I burst out, "I moved!"