029. can't spell america

ೃ༄ now playing

ೃ༄ now playing...

― season three, episode five;
CAN'T SPELL AMERICA

0:00 ───|────── 38:29
▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100 %

4951 words

*.✧ 𝐂𝐇𝐋𝐎𝐄 ✧.*

"Hey Rob." I greeted her as I joined her in the storage room. She looked up at me to briefly acknowledge my presence, then she went right back to the book that she was focusing on.

I put my hands on the tabletop and used the leverage to move myself up onto the table. "Have you cracked the code yet?"

She sighed frustratedly. "No. This shit makes zero sense."

"Yeah," I nodded. "Like what the hell is a silver cat?"

"I wish I knew." She set the book down, dropping her head into her hands to rub her temples.

We sat in silence for a moment, both of us racking our brains for any possible ideas of what the code's true meaning might be. Our brainstorming session was cut short by a knock at the back door.

"That's probably the shipment of sample spoons we ordered." Robin told me as she went over to the door. "We ran out."

I giggled, thinking back to that group of girls that were at the shop the first day that I was back, and how they had gone through at least twenty spoons in the few minutes that they were in there.

Robin went over and opened the door, revealing a man in a gray uniform and baseball cap standing in the back hallway, with a cardboard box in his arms. Robin thanked him briefly, taking the box from him and setting it next to me. She returned to the man to sign for the package, and I started to open the box for her.

My head snapped up when I heard Robin's footsteps running out the door after the man. "Robin?" I called, sliding off the table, ready to chase after her. But she came back into the room after a moment. Her eyes were wild, like she had just seen something crazy.

"What?" I urged her to tell me what was going on. "What is it?"

She scoffed in disbelief, and without giving me any of the answers I was looking for, she ran out the front entrance, into the main area of the mall. I scrambled to follow her, knocking over the box in the process, and I heard all those tiny spoons clatter against the floor as I sprinted away.

I threw the back door open, pushing past the small gate, leaving the employees only area. Steve and Dustin were returning, and they tried to give me an update on their failed spy mission, but I brushed past them to follow Robin.

I found her standing in the center of the mall, looking all around the mall, at all of the shops. I was panting by the time I reached her, and I put my hands on my knees to catch my breath.