009. elm & cherry

ೃ༄ now playing

ೃ༄ now playing...

― season one, episode nine;
ELM & CHERRY

0:00 |───────── 17:02
▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100 %

4053 words

━━

*.✧ 𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐋𝐄𝐘 ✧.*

A stunned silence hung over the air and I think even James was in shock because he let go of his tight grip on me. I dropped onto my knees and quickly scrambled to my feet. I pushed past Dustin and Troy, who were frozen, staring at the edge of the cliff in disbelief.

I ran down the path towards the edge of the rock. "No, no, no, no!" I cried as I made my way there. Tears were brimming in my eyes and I braced myself to look over and watch as Mike hit the water.

My legs gave out as that mental picture sent a stabbing pain through my heart. I dropped to my knees and crawled the rest of the way to the edge and looked down.

Holy shit.

Mike was frozen in the air, like he was suspended on some kind of invisible rope.

I looked over my shoulder at Dustin, staring at him with wide eyes. He immediately ran over, the bullies right behind him. They all looked down the edge and gasped when they saw what I was seeing. I peered past Troy's shoulder and that's when I saw her.

Eleven.

She was standing back a few feet from us with her chin down and nose bleeding. I'd never been so relieved to see anybody in my entire
life.

"Whoa!" I heard Mike cry out and I whipped my head to look back at him to find that he was floating upwards, back up towards the edge of the cliff.

Oh my God. Eleven was lifting him up with her mind.

The four of us followed Mike with our eyes as he floated through the air. He flew above our heads before landing with a thud on safe, solid ground. Slowly, everyone else turned and saw Eleven as well. She was walking over to us now.

Suddenly, James' feet went out from under him and he fell onto his back. I watched as Eleven quickly jerked her head to one side, wincing as I heard a bone snap. Troy screamed in pain and clutched his arm.

"Go." Eleven commanded.

Troy and James ran away, both of them practically sobbing with fear. Dustin and I ran back from the edge and over to Mike, making sure he was okay. Eleven walked over to us and joined in, as we all shared a much needed group hug.

*.✧ 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄 ✧.*

Nancy and Jonathan had told me to go back to my house and wait for them, while they went to a weapons store in town to buy some things. They said that they'd pick me up when they were ready and then we'd start on the plan.