Chapter 14:Love-sick Brains

Morning,8:00 am.

"Coffee!"

"Hmmm!"

Keeping the coffee on his table I went towards my desk.We both were forlorn.That bitch had snatched our peace.The news of his wedding was spreading like fire in the jungle.The continuous calls from delegates and his colleagues since yesterday has left us perturbed.

"Get the charts ready before lunch!Got it?"

He kept the cod less phone back after instructing someone and looked at me as he felt my eyes on him.

Everything happening with him was because of me,unfortunately.If I wouldn't have came in his life then this wouldn't have happened to him. The never going lines on his forehead,his long lost smile everything was just happening because of me.

"Kia soch rahi ho?"His gooey words and i realised he was there,wiping my tears.

"Nothing!"Wiping my dripping chin hastily I rotated my chair to other side.

"I won't marry anyone else!"Coming infront of me he sat on his knees and held my palms.His words determined and eyes scratchy.

"I cant live without you Nandani!I..I just can't!Main mar jaonga!"Two tears escape from his eyes and he dug his face in my laps.

Tightening my lips i tried to muffle my sobs but tears chose to fall with no mercy from my eyes.Ruffling his hair I rested my cheek on them and he continued to weep.

"Aliya..is..beautiful!She will keep you happy!"Only i know how i spoke these words.He moved back with a jerk.His eyes bewildered.

"Aap khush rahenge uske sath!Dheere dheere sab theek hojaega!"I held his cheeks while trying to smile with tears and he pushed my palms away aggressively before standing up.

"We have no option left Manik!Your wedding date is on headlines!Just in seven days you're ought to get marry!"I held his cheeks again,making him look at me,trying to make him accept reality but he again jerked me,this time more angrily.

"Shut up!"He growled palming my lips while his arm was encircled around my waist,firmly.

I tried to request him through my eyes and he jerked me more closer.

"One more word Nandani Murthy and you don't know what I'm gonna do to you!"He gritted and i removed his palm from my lips.

"You can't do anything Manik!We can't do anything!Bohot badnaami hojaegi aap kyon nhi samaghte!"I cried,knocking some sense in his love-sick brain.

"So?Do you think I'll sacrifice my love for this fame and name?"He spoke angrily and i sighed deeply,closing my eyes for a second.

He won't understand I'll have to do something!I can't let him loose his dignity just because of me.

"I know what rubbish you are thinking!"He clutched my waist tighter and i opened my eyes.

Before we could talk more the door sprang open.

"Manik Malhotra!"

"Mom!"Manik left me and went towards his mom who just entered into the cabin fiercely.

I wiped my eyes and pushed the errant strands behind my ears to look presentable in-front of her.

"Mom!How are you?I missed you so much!"Manik hugged her tightly and she too hugged him with the same zeal. "Mera Gudda!"