Abstract

Sunday,morning.8:am

"Hello mom!" I exclaimed while entering into the kitchen and grabbed an apron from the cabinet.

"How are you son?"She asked lovingly and a smile appeared on my lips.

"I'm fine mom! How are you ? Did your event last night went well ?"Tieing the apron around my waist I took an egg from fridge and broke it in the bowl.

"Sir !" One of ten servants standing outside the kitchen called me.They nudged me to leave the work when I gave them a stern look before my lips broke into a smile.

"Hello ! Manik ! You there ?" I pressed my iPhone between my palms and turned towards the servants.

"Aap sab jaiye! Main kar lunga!"I smiled at them and before they could argue I showed them my eyes and they smiled while shaking their heads,before leaving.

"Hmm mom! How are you?"Pressing my phone between my ear and shoulder I resumed talking to mom.

"Hmm I'm fine! A little tired though , but after talking to you my all tiredness has faded!"She chuckled making me chuckle too.

Grabbing an onion and red capsicum I started chopping them while mom continued to speak about her yesterday's fashion event.
"It was kinda good ! Do you know to whom I met there ?"Suddenly her voice turned gleeful and I furrowed my brows while pouring the fine chopped vegetables in the bowl which had whisked egg.

"Who mom?" I asked and poured the whisked egg in the hot fry pan.

"Manik ! Don't tell me you are cooking breakfast yourself ?" Mom almost snarled and I chuckled.

Dishing out the omelet in the sleek white plate I spoke,

"Mom! Chill ! You know na I love to do my work,myself!" After taking two bran breads from the bread basket,I kept them in another plate and holding two plates in both hands I moved out from the kitchen.

"But son what's the need to work when you have ample of servants around!"Mom sighed and I chortled again after pouring fresh grapefruit juice in the glass.

"Acha mom aap ne btaya nhi aap kis se mili thi event main?" I tried to change the topic but who was I dealing with.She was mother,Manik Malhotra's mother.

"Don't change the topic Manik!Now this is ridiculous! I just don't understand why are you so stubborn when you know how freaking your sugar level gets low if you don't take care of yourself.But no to whom I'm talking,Son of billionaire Raj Malhotra!Right? Jitne ziddi tumhare papa the na un se kahin ziada ziddi tou tum ho ! Main unhe kho chuki hn ab tumhe nhi khona chahti!Lekin tum Ye baat thori samjhoge!Bas Jab dekho kaam,kaam aur kaam!Itne paise kama kar karna Kia hai tumhe?Manik why don't you spend on your own self ?"She was about to scold me more when I spoke,

"Maa! Calm down!I am not going anywhere! Why are you getting so worked up?Acha ok from now on I won't do any work and I'll take care of myself too !Fine ?" I spoke calmly while munching and I heard her sniffs.

Ahhh ! My lovely mom !

"Just this is the reason I want you to get married ! At least there would be someone to take care of you !" She spoke and a picture flashed infront of my eyes.The morsel fell from my hands as the beautiful face invaded my senses.

Aliya!

"And I met Mrs Shergil last night ! You know she was asking whether you've agreed or not ! Wese Manik you asked for a month to know Aliya and now it's been almost a month ! Tumhe Aliya pasand ayi Kia ? Are you ok with the alliance ?"She was speaking but I was zoomed out.

A smile etched my lips as I reminisced the moments spent with her.

The day when we met first at Starbucks.

How she was doddering due to her pencil heels.The way she licked her glossy lips after every sip of her cold cappuccino still churns a knot in my stomach.I couldn't help but giggle as her angry puffed face came across my eyes.Actually when we left the coffee shop after a settlement that we are gonna spend a month together to know each other and then think about the marriage,a street robber snatched her hand bag and then what,she ran behind  him but not  before taking off her heels while I followed them in my car. Literally I had to save the robber or else she would have killed him by whacking him with her heels.

"Manik Malhotra ? Are you there ? Seems like the billionaire is lost in someone's thoughts!"I heard moms teasing tone which broke my thinking session.

Unknowingly my lips were curved into a shy,sweet smile.

"Ummm..no...!Aesa..nhi...hai...maa!"I slurred and mom smirked from the other side.

"Oh god ! Am I dreaming ? Mera beta sharma raha hai !" She laughed and I bit my lips as I felt my cheeks getting warm.

"Mom! I'll call you later !"I spoke hastily.Before she could laugh more at my situation I disconnected the line.

I closed my eyes and a warm hue ran across my cheeks.My lips curved into a wider smile as I bowed my head while scratching my nape.

"Aliya!"A whisper cum prayer escape my mouth and my little heart shuddered in my chest.

And I realised that the billionaire Manik Malhotra was in love! Irrevocably!

۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔

Did you guys find any loophole in billionaires tale? *winks*
Well do tell me about your thoughts!

*fingers crossed*

New Wanderer!